Maps do not contain any actors.

Hi!
I am currently in the process of creating my first package for Unreal Engine. Unfortunately, I keep getting told that it needs changes because two of the maps are empty (The maps… and … do not contain any actors). When I open the original file these scenes are not empty. Everything is there that should be there. But when I open the packages themselves with Unreal Engine, they are indeed empty and black. What can I do to stop this from happening? What could be the reason for this?

With the best regards,

Maybe actors are sitting on a level/sublevel that is not set as always loaded :?
Probably stupid guess.

Hey @FantasyHaven!

Are you using world partition for your levels? If so are you keeping the necessary files along with the project inside of the content folder?

@JimmyAnimAll
It is possible. Where can I check this?

@Quetzalcodename
Actually, I am sure that all the necessary data is in the right folders. How can I check that?

Hey @FantasyHaven,

The folders I am referring to would be inside of your content folder and labeled with “External_”.

Hey @Quetzalcodename
Unfortunately, I cannot find such a folder either in Explorer or in Unrealengine. Have I made a crucial mistake? Do you know a tutorial that shows how to properly create a package for Unreal Engine?

Hey @FantasyHaven,

You should, in theory, only have to select your files (.uproject file, content folder, and config folder) and zip them into a folder.

A great way to test and see what the marketplace might be seeing is to zip your files like described above, move them to a different folder, unpack them, and try to open your .uproject and see what happens.

Definitely let us know what the result is, we can figure this out!

Hi! @Quetzalcodename
Now it finally works as it should. I just need to re-enable the world partitions.

However, I now have another problem:
I got a message when submitting my package that there are overlapping problems with some objects. I have checked this and in my opinion everything should be set correctly. I’ll send a picture of the settings.

The next thing is that I can’t reproduce the error message because I can’t bake the light anymore. I get the following warning every time I want to do that: “LogStaticLightingSystem: Warning: WorldSettings.bForceNoPrecomputedLighting is true, Skipping Lighting Build!”

Hey @FantasyHaven!

That’s great! In this case, you should definitely reach out to your reviewer and ask them which assets need to be corrected, and maybe some screenshots so you can know what to fix. They should be able to do that for you.

If you have ForceNoPrecomputedLighting as true and that is what is causing your issue, you will need to set that as false. You can find your world settings in the top right corner.

I hope the above is the solution you need!

Hey @Quetzalcodename !
Ok, my problem with the overlapping lighting is solved.

I have found the right option above the “world settings” but the option is greyed out.
Do you have any idea what I ca do?

Bildschirmfoto von 2023-02-23 13-22-39

Hey @FantasyHaven,

When you open Project Settings → Rendering, do you have allow static lighting set as true?

Hi @Quetzalcodename Yes, it is.

Okay @FantasyHaven,

That is very odd. Does it happen in every Map? If you open a new project does it happen when you try to build lighting there? And just making sure I am following as closely as possible, you are selecting “Build Lighting Only” right?

We can definitely get to the bottom of this.

Yes, i go to Build → Build Lightning only

With 2 scenes in my project I get this message, with the third everything works without error message.

When I create new scenes in my project, I get this message for “Open World” and “Empty open world”. For the other two, the light bake works it should.

I’ll create a new project and see what happens.

ok, when I make a new project, exactly the same thing happens with the same scenes, but here in the project settings “Allow static lighting” is not grayed out.