Download

Map Showcase - Zephnezyel [W.I.P]

Hello, ARK modding community!

I know I haven’t been all that active on here since my prior project: Azeronia ( https://forums.unrealengine.com/showthread.php?75742-Map-Showcase-Azeronia )
My old project had a great deal of bugs, noobish mistakes, and was just too unplayable to salvage. So, as regrettable as it was, I scrapped the project and moved on to something new in my free time while I work on my computer science degree.

After dozens of hours of research, and the experience I gained from my prior map, I finally feel confident to say that I will to make this dream come true. I have a strong passion for level design. All of my work stems from my involvement in various, silly projects of mine done in things like Thief: The Dark Project, Unreal Tournament 2004 and 3, Neverwinter Nights, etc…etc… and I wanted to finally share something that I can positively say that I will release.

Here are some pictures of Zephnezyel! (The name is a work in progress!)

40f4ce4fbdabf0e0cca89ddd620d7a3205176106.jpeg

2f2e1b062d4e72e6061eb4024f04a10b8ed0f7ef.jpeg

4eb6900005b1562e4cb35d1bd6ce7515b7d5a63a.jpeg

71bd76693b01c3113b9293454d5bf2cd2ca7f9c1.jpeg

Zeph_Showcase06.jpg

Zeph_Showcase05.jpg

Azeronia was a fantastic learning experience and that is why I moved on to make this map. That being said, I have managed to import the old landscape and intend on remaking Azeronia as a part of Zephnezyel. It’s far from complete and definitely won’t be in time for the ARK modding contest, but the passion I have to complete this map isn’t meant for the contest. This is something I want to experience with the community. Everyone that tests this map has the opportunity to provide feedback, suggestions, and ideas for me to improve upon.

It won’t be ready for a while, but stick around, if you are interested! I’ve got a lot more coming in the future.

I sincerely thank you for your interest and hope to release this ASAP!

-Starstilanx

Hello everyone!

I’ve got some more screenshots to show today! I’ve made a lot of progress this month, despite finals and starting on the spring quarter at my university. I’m really excited to say that I’m going to be entering this into the modding contest this time around. It’s FAR from complete. There are many sections that are left blank and that will be filled in during the next few weeks. I’m working on the final touches for the small island now to demonstrate my work so far. It is very much in a playable state and I can’t wait to read everyone’s feedback in the future.

Anyways, here are the pictures:

154a08452dada88a531d2b2d8473b89a4faed740.jpeg
(This one is so tiny)
10ec0dcadce386ceb26f6a77199b592aae1104b4.jpeg

88e29a2e87223519f5c53593f3f1b01388c212c9.jpeg

708eb5d4157f358c594aeb56e2bc863d43cf9c54.jpeg

4b4dfc52e75b722933aecf735f67c9a84c03d5fc.jpeg

Zeph-Aze Progress 6.jpg

I look forward to the future of this project and exploring it together with everyone interested within the community!

-Starstilanx

looks good!, congrats!

Looks really fun acually

Pics never do a map justice - but it looks great!

Thank you for your comments everyone! I really do appreciate them. I haven’t been as active as I’d like with Zephnezyel as this quarter has really picked up at my university. Though, I’m in the 8th week out of 10, so I’m certain that I’ll be able to get a lot more work done over the summer. <3

excellent work so far brother…best of luck with it.

Hey guys!

I wanted to let you all know that I appreciate all of the wonderful support I’ve received over the past few months. It has been absolutely fantastic to see. I wanted to come forward to the fact that I haven’t been able to work on this project much at all, but for good reason. With the work I’ve done on Zephnezyel, I’ve managed to land a job as a level designer for an indie game. Literally, the support that I’ve received is primarily the reason why I’ve gone this far.

Sometime in the future, I intend on returning to this. Development on an indie game in the unreal engine has taken almost all of my time up for now and again, I can’t thank everyone enough. Steam’s subscribers to the map have been phenomenal. It’s mindblowing really. This is my first project ever to be released.

So, for now, I bid everyone farewell and look forward to returning with knowledge well beyond the simplistic that I had prior to this. <3

Great job tackling a project so large while in school no less. Keep it up!