Map recovery

I tried to open a project I’ve been working on and for whatever reason It won’t recognize one of the maps. It won’t show up in the content browser or open map browser but it’s there in windows explorer. I’ve spent a lot of time working on it so any help would be greatly appreciated.

If it doesn’t show up in the list you can still open it from the editor

Thanks, for the response but how?

My project settings are still set to open it if I build the game but I can’t find it on any list. It’s 173Mbs. Does UE4 have a limit for that?

hmm, Just got it set as the default load map and now it’s saying:
“Failed to open map file. This is most likely because the map was saved with a newer version of the engine.”

You are not abel to open maps, saved with a newer vesion of the engine, in an older one :wink: -> so you will have to open it with the latest version

Thanks for the input but I haven’t switched versions. I filed a bug report so hopefully something will come over that. thanks for the help and I’m going to delete this thread since I don’t think it really belongs here.

Everyday, after working hard on the engine and at the end of night if I see things like that I have in my mind & satisfied with the results, then I save the whole project file to another hard disk. I suggest you to do that too. Of course always you can “save as” a map but I lived a ton of harddisk failures and I’m really serious about it. It only takes less than a minute.

For this map, I hope you’ll recover it.

Thats would revision control is for. Get an account on bitbucket and avoid all this kind of thing. Or get perforce and host it yourself. Either way, this kind of thing happens often enough you have to have a way to recover from it.