Manipulator (gizmo) is always disturbing view. Missing a selection mode without gizmo (like Maya "Q")

I’m really annoyed, that when placing small objects (actors) there is always the big fat manipulator (gizmo) in the way and preventing to see properly, how changes of selected objects look or to do a compositing with small objects.
So it’s impossible to do detailed compositions, without having all the time to deselect the actors you are working on.
In every other software, there is a selection mode without gizmo. You can have your object selected, in order to change attributes and to keep it active, but you haven’t that clunky gizmo in the way.
Also the Gizmo in Maya is way better, it is designed very slim and without anything unnecessary,
unlike the big “sphere” for moving in uE4 and the small white sphere in the middle, that hides the main part of small elements, when they are e.g. placed far away. Look for comparison at the second screenshot from Maya.
(And in selection mode you have a completely free view at your selected object)

Maybe someone knows a solution or someone at the development cares about. Today I had an arrangement of small spheres. Really a nightmare, I couldn’t see anything without permanently deselecting.
(I have already disabled selection highlighting)

338217-gizmo-disturbing.jpg

Thanks

338218-gizmo-in-maya.jpg