Download

manipulate root motion data before it is applied to capsule dynamically to adapt anim to environment

Is there any way to read and manipulate the root motion data exstracted from an animation before it is applied to the capsule?

In my case I use Ikinema to make a climb animation reach a specific target. For example I have a climb left animation with root motion that climbs 1m to the left. If the the next climb target is only 0.5m to the left I use the Ikinema IK to adapt the animation. This works pretty well, except that the capsule does not move accordingly as it is not affected by the IK.

However I know that my right capsule position is always the same as the hip bone - an offset.

But I couldn’t figure out how to read and manipulate the root motion data before it is applied to the capsule. I played around with the Transform (Modify) Bone node in the anim BP, but at that point the root motion apparently is already apllied to the capsule.

Has anyone suceeded to achieve something like this? I think my approach is not limited to climbing, but to generally apdating root motion anims dynamically to the environment.