Manifest overriden. Location permission still alive.

Hi guys,

I wanted to get rid of the unnecessary permissions in my app before release. I created a “ManifestRequirementsOverride.txt” in the C:\Users\Alo\Documents\Unreal Projects\ [PROJECT] \Build\Android folder. I took care of deleting specifically the location permissions.

The problem is that Google Play still asks for Location permission. (please see attached image)

Does someone knows how I can’t remove it? I think it is very annoying for the user and unnecessary for the game.
Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Alo.

Nomte,

Google Play services has streamlined their prompt system. Please review this documentation to ensure that what you’re trying to do isn’t being blocked by what Google needs.

Thanks!

Thank you for your help and the link.
I’ve gone through the documentation and I can’t find a reason why my app request Fine and Coarse Location permissions. That doesn’t mean much, this is my first project, it’s blueprints and I’ve never coded before so I am not an expert.
I checked my APIs manager and I found this (please see image attached). Can it be related?

For further info, my game has advertisements (by thrid party plug-in, In-App-Purchases, Google play Services (leaderboard and achievements) and the SDK target is set to “22”

110810-apis.jpg

Thanks again for your help :slight_smile:

We had this problem with the Universal Mobile ADs Plugin by gameDNA and could fix this by comment out line 289 / 290:

in file

UniversalMobileAds_APL.xml

located in directory

{PROJECT}\Plugins\UniversalMobileAds\Source\UniversalMobileAds

Hope this will fix your issue too if you use the plugin. But thirdparty plugin with SDK Taget 22 sounds very similar :slight_smile:

Kind regards,
pyr0t0n / Marcel

You nailed it!

Yes, actually it is the UniversalMobileAds plugin. I opened the UniversalMobileAds_APL.xml and found the ManifestUpdate lines. In my file the lines were 236/237. I commented the lines as you said and google play doesn’t request the permission anymore. The plugin seems to work normally.

Thank you very much for the help!