Making Unreal-Chan

Hey Jv, really cool! Thanks for sharing the rig and model with , I’ll have to check it out when I get a minute

Howdy… ehh what the point … I don’t have fourm badge…
http://s26.postimg.org/retfi78wl/UE4_Chanface_WIP.jpg

http://s26.postimg.org/ebxsyxiol/UE4_Chanface_WIP2.jpg

I’m Now working on her facial Expresion.

Man I would love to have this working. This could be a really fun thing, seeing how many people are going to be creative and using this “Hero of Unreal” to make shorts on Youtube, or going all out and making mini-series. Ack, Giddy with joy.

Well… She is Ready.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0By_Fe9MwPhZSbGs4dnA4SEh0WXM/view?usp=sharing

She is ready to be Retarget for animations, but she doen’t have any animation herself. If ya’ll are having troble using her or if there is something you want me to add in please do not hesitate to ask. I’m going to add in animation later.

Hello,
I tried replace mycharacter with her and got no issue even with anims (haven’t try to retarget other ones yet). she is fun ^^

Thanks! Going to mess with this tonight!

Look again buddy :wink: and I hooked you up

AHHHH!!! I Got a Badge! Thats awsome. Thank you!

Welcome to the club! By the way, What are the licensing terms on this? Could we use this in projects we sell (As Unreal Chan) or is it strictly just as a mascot?

Yes. Pretty much you can her in projects you sell even if you not using Unreal Engine 4. Although I need to make a Licence logo for her now thinking about it. (Can’t have people using the Ureal Engine 4 logo and think thats ok.)

Awesome! I’ll include her as a cheat code in my project then! :slight_smile:

Howdy all.

I wanted to go ahead and take the time to talk to to my plan for Unreal-chan.

I’m planning to do more work on her but I’m also planning on alot of other things such as putting her on the unreal marketplace for free, making more characters to expand on and also putting them on the marketplace for free, and making an environment building level with the assets use and give that for free.

The Two reason of why i’m doing this is ,One, I want to do this and give it away for free is because I am targeting folk that want to get into making game using UE4 but don’t have the money or skill to buy or make assets( Manly Students and teenagers). And Two, I want to Establish a brand out of this and (hopefully) branch out to fan who probably does not want to make games themselves but are a fan of the characters themselves.

So that is my plan for her. Now something about Licencing term (At Least the Making of the Licencing Term)

When I first made Unreal-chan My thought were simple. “Make a character that is re-targetable with any animation, give her her own animation to boot of with, Give her a weapon or object to used, and give her out for free for anyone to use.” I’m not sure how the free thing is going to work but I do know I want it to succeed. So Far I have given the Unreal-chan Version 1 out like(of course have not given her a weapon out yet) and I’m planning to fix her skins and rig.

But I have not establish a licencing term, Character guideline nor a licencing logo when I was just making her and I have no idea how to make it nor have it enforced.

The Licencing terms and Character guideline is something that is in the back in my head but it is something I want to go into once I’m ready to have that made. It would be cool to have a logo that said “Licence under the Unreal-chan Licence” and have that used instead of folks saying “character made by ‘yadayada’”. And like I said when I was ask if they can use her in any of their projects they sell (Even if they are not using Unreal Engine 4), I have no problem with it.

Now about Unreal-chan Herself. I’m thinking of replacing the “Unreal-chan” Alias name with her given name “Jazzy-chan”. Of course I’m going to disclose some info about her. (Info and Image are Subject to change)

Unreal_Chan_Header_Img_WIP.jpg
Alias: (as of right now) Unreal-Chan
Name: Jazzmine A.k.a. Jazzy Flak, Jazzy-chan, Jackrabbit(Used by no one)
Height: around 6’ ft
Favorite Food: Bacon
Like: Wrecking stuff, punk rock, Cheerleading
Dislike: Not Recking Stuff.

When I was making her, I wanted to be something like a polar opposite of what a Moe Anthromorph character would look like. My inspiration was from Unity-chan (Example: Unity-chan {Unity-chan.com}) and for some reason when he had the Pink Mohawk. I went with a High-school (Western High School mind y’all) theme character that would be something unreal. It still in the works but I’m planning on giving more information once soilitifld the idea.

Also if y’all want to see how my progress is going I usually Stream on Twitch whenever I can. Twitch

This is awesome but the Marketplace doesn’t allow free submissions; I think it’s a $5 minimum :<

Oh yeah that right. >.>

But if you need a home for it, .co.uk would love to host it for you and dedicated page if you wanted :wink:

So cool … good job … she is definitely going in to my game with a cheat code. 8-}

Thank you for this … very cool indeed. tip hat

By the way importing this into a 4.6 or 4.7 project seems to completely free the editor and my computer :<

Any of getting an .FBX?

I’m planning on making .FBX Import on model and animation, I’m also planning to make this into 4.7 or higher.

I just did a copy of extracted folder in content folder project and got it work fine.

Love the Jackrabbit jacket!

Though I can’t help but think the character should just be Malcolm with Hatsune Miku’s haircut.