Making sequencer work with root motion animations in UE 5.4

Hello,

I’m trying to get root motion animations working in sequencer in Unreal Engine 5.4.

This is what I did so far:

1. Ensured that animation contains root motion, that it is at 0, 0, 0, that it is attached to the root bone.
  2. Root motion is enabled on the animation page (named RESULT). The animation preview shows red line when root motion is disabled as expected, and it is also properly consumed if root motion is enabled.
  3. In the animation blueprint, I also set it to get root motion from everything.
  4. In sequencer, I added the animation itself and transform track. The animation is played ‘in-place’, which is, I think, wrong?
  5. In sequencer, if I disable animation blueprint and set Custom Mode instead, animation works, but root motion doesn’t do anything thus Capsule Component stays in the beginning, which is not what I really want.

I also suspected that this is related to character movement component, but setting Flying/None mode does nothing, disabling collision and gravity also does nothing.

Here is the sample project with the basic setup that doesn’t work (it has SOURCE animation I retargeted and RESULT which is used in level sequence TEST):

Will appreciate any help or insights. Thanks!

Good to have this topic, cause I’m having the same problem for a month :sob: