Making Parent Class properties available in child Blueprint

I am simply trying to make properties defined in my parent Class available in a Blueprint derived from this class (ie right clicking the Class in the editor and selecting >
“Create Blueprint Class based on Foo”

These are my properties defined in the Parent Class header

UPROPERTY(VisibleAnywhere, BlueprintReadOnly, Category = "Sprite", meta = (AllowPrivateAccess = "true"))
UPaperSpriteComponent* Sprite;

UPROPERTY(VisibleDefaultsOnly, BlueprintReadOnly, Category = "Collision", meta = (AllowPrivateAccess = "true"))
USphereComponent* Sphere;

In the child Blueprint when I open in the editor I confirm that the Parent Class is correct but these 2 variables (Sprite Sphere) are not showing up in the Variables pane. (attached)
What am I doing wrong?

I think you’re missing the EditAnywhere or EditDefaultsOnly property specifier.
As is you’re basically telling the BP, yes it’s visible to the editor.

If you’re trying to make a BP class derived of C++ class, in UCLASS() add the BlueprintType, Blueprintable specifiers

I’m not sure what do you mean to be honest. Both the sprite and the sphere are components. They are not supposed to appear in the Variables tab. You can clearly see them in the Components tab in the top left corner.

In the “MyBlueprint” window, at the upper right corner of the window, there is an eye with a drop-down menu. Click on it, and check “Show Inherited Variables.”