I cannot for the life of me, figure out how to make my customer PlayerController auto possess my Pawn. Here’s my scenario:
- I have custom PlayerController (RTS_PlayerController)
- I have a Pawn (RTS_Camera)
- I have my custom GameMode (RTS_GameMode)
- I have a custom GameState (RTS_GameState)
- And I have a custom GameInstance (RTS_GameInstance)
In my project settings, under “Maps and Modes”, I’ve set the following settings:
- Default GameMode - RTS_GameMode
- Default Pawn Class - RTS_Camera
- HUD Class - None
- Player Controller Class - RTS_PlayerController
- Game State Class - RTS_GameState
- Player State Class - PlayerState (default)
- Spectator Class - SpectatorPawn (default)
I’m not quite sure how to make my PlayerController auto possess my Pawn, and I fear that this has something to do with these modes settings that I don’t quite understand?
Help and ideas are much appreciated
Placing another pawn into my scene, I can see that this pawn gets auto possessed by my player controller, however, my Event Begin Play event is not hit. What could cause this, and why doesn’t this happen?
Further investigating I noticed that if I remove the execution of my input events (see image below) the pawn DOES NOT move at all, so those events are being hit. Still not understanding why my begin play event isn’t hit.