Making changes to TestMapArea

Hi folks,

When I’m working on a mod (e.g. custom structures), I need to spawn in foundations, smithy, resources etc. I’ll test something (e.g. Can I see the recipe in the custom workbench?) and invariably find a bug. Now I need to stop the instance, go back out and edit my files to fix my bug. At the moment, when I hit Play again, I’m presented with an empty TestMapArea and need to go through the process of spawning and re-placing all my structures.

Is it possible to have the test environment persist so that I don’t need to do all that spawning again. I’ve tried clicking the Save button at the top of the viewport but that doesn’t seem to have any effect.

Secondly, the pawn’s inventory is always filled with a random collection of junk. Can that be turned off?

Cheers,

Hi Trevor, can you drag and drop your structures into the map BEFORE you hit play. Then it will be there every time you hit play. However, I’m not sure if it will include all of your changes. test it to see…Also an easy way to spawn things in is to grab the primal_item_structure file, drag it and drop it into the map while you are running the test. That will add the item to your inventory. Another tip, you can make a lot of changes to the files while the test is running and it updates live. Some things you’ll need to pick up and place again to update.

As for all the junk, I agree it’s annoying, I don’t know how to turn it off but just click on the drop all button and it just places one bag of inventory on the ground.

now, what I’d like to know is how to make it night so I can test lights. let me know if you figure that one out.

Thanks for that. I’ll be sure to let you know if I figure out the time :slight_smile: