Making a custom Tile View select function

Hello!

I’m making an inventory system with Widgets and Blueprints, I’m having all the items stored in a Tile View list but for selecting the items I can only choose between Single, Single Toggle and Multi. What I want is to make it so I can choose multiple items but each one should also be toggleable.
Is there a way to code myself a custom selection method that gets executed when clicking on an entry? Solutions for blueprints are preferred but C++ is also an option.

I found a solution for the problem after a while
Now I just have all the selected items in a map and with the “On Item Clicked” event I take the item, change the map value and iterate over all items in the ListView and change the selection of each of them based on the map. It’s definitely not very efficient but it works…

I am a bit late to the party, but can you explain to me how you managed that? I am currently working with a tile view setup, but the on item clicked event is not responding when I click it. I added a button inside the entry widget class but I assume they are not connected.

I would love to see your setup if you don’t mind! Or if somebody else could help me with this it would be greatly appreciated

Basically, each slot on my Tile View has some variables that it stores and I have an array of which slots should be selected.
when a new slot gets clicked, It updates the array of which slots are selected and then triggers a function that goes over all the slots and for each one compares its’ variables to the variables in each of the selected slots. Then, I manually tell the Tile View if it’s selected or not.

(ignore the first bubble comment, it’s related to another part of my project)

This is the blueprint function, It’s called every time a slot is pressed. If you analyze it, you’ll see that it’s really inefficient but that’s the best I managed to do to solve my problem.

1 Like

Super helpful, thank you so much!!!