Making a 2D/3D Hybrid Beat 'em up with Paper2D

Hi!
I started getting into making sprite based games with Paper2D a couple of months ago and am working on a retro style side scrolling beat 'em up!

I’ve been recording dev logs about the progress and since 2D doesn’t get a lot of love here I thought I would share what I got so far.

11 Likes

Been watching your videos since you started your project since my next project will likely be a 2.5D game

Keep up the awesome work! Every video has been very helpful and a huge time saver on research and work (at the expense of you having to take time to do the work :wink: )

1 Like

Nice looking. Keeping my eye on this I’m still on the fence with my 2.5d MetroidVania project so I’m looking for other perspectives while I’m still starting.

1 Like

Thank you so much!
I’m really glad the videos are helpful.

Thank you!

Love the concept. Merging a 3d and 2d is a very interesting idea. Subscribed and waiting for new vids on this.

1 Like

Thank you!
I’m excited to keep on working on this project so I’ll definitely put out more videos!

Hey, I subscribed on your channel. I figure since we’re both working on a Paper2D beat em up game, you’re definitely worth a follow. It will be interesting to see what we do similarly, as well as what we do differently. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Thanks for the sub :smiley:
Yeah I’d love to see what you’re working on.
If you want, you can show off your stuff in our discord once it’s ready!

It looks nice, always wondered the capabilities of Paper2D. Excited to see more!

1 Like