Make Take recorder record into current sequence BY DEFAULT

Unclear why Unreal has set up the take recorder to record into a new sequence by default - I understand that its a fairly easy setting to find my existing sequence and record into it but it seems remarkably counterintuitive when I’ve gone through the extensive Vcam setup, the live link, etc and I’m ready to record, and then have vcam in my sequence, and I hit record and then suddenly A BRAND NEW STUPID SEQUENCE HAS STARTED. It seems to me at least, obvious you would want to record into your currently loaded sequence not start a new one. So I don’t understand why this is the default and why you can’t easily change this,.

Is there any setting where I can have Take Recorder record into my currently loaded sequence? This current setup makes no sense. I’m using 5.2.

The V-Cam process in unreal, while is probably easier than it’s ever been, is hampered by a host of ridiculous “check this box, then do this then do that” things, and I’d like to get it streamlined to be as drag and drop as possible as I’m shooting quite a large project.

2 Likes