'make' fails when trying to build UE4 for Linux

Hey all

I am trying to follow this guide

https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/...low/index.html

however, when entering ‘make’ in the Building UE4 on Linux phase, I get the following error:

Code:

@GIP-2018-1:/media//Data/UnrealEngine$ make
bash “/media//Data/UnrealEngine/Engine/Build/BatchFiles/Linux/Build.sh” CrashReportClient Linux Shipping
Fixing inconsistent case in filenames.
Setting up Mono
Building CrashReportClient…
Using ‘git status’ to determine working set for adaptive non-unity build (/media//Data/UnrealEngine).
Waiting for ‘git status’ command to complete
Building CrashReportClient…
Performing 3 actions (8 in parallel)
[1/3] Compile Module.CoreUObject.3_of_7.cpp
fatal error: error in backend: Invalid abbrev number
clang++: error: clang frontend command failed with exit code 70 (use -v to see invocation)
clang version 8.0.1 (tags/RELEASE_801/final)
Target: x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
Thread model: posix
InstalledDir: /media//Data/UnrealEngine/Engine/Extras/ThirdPartyNotUE/SDKs/HostLinux/Linux_x64/v15_clang-8.0.1-centos7/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/bin
clang++: note: diagnostic msg: PLEASE submit a bug report to https://bugs.llvm.org/ and include the crash backtrace, preprocessed source, and associated run script.
clang++: note: diagnostic msg:

PLEASE ATTACH THE FOLLOWING FILES TO THE BUG REPORT:
Preprocessed source(s) and associated run script(s) are located at:
clang++: note: diagnostic msg: /tmp/Module-d62ec8.cpp
clang++: note: diagnostic msg: /tmp/Module-d62ec8.sh
clang++: note: diagnostic msg:

Makefile:302: recipe for target ‘CrashReportClient-Linux-Shipping’ failed
make: *** [CrashReportClient-Linux-Shipping] Error 5

I am clueless. searched the web for a solution but didn’t find anything useful.

Thank you for your help

Dear valued Unreal Engine user,

This may be a clang bug and looks familiar. As you are using 4.24, the first recommendation would be to take a look at 4.25 or 4.26 as they may have already fixed this issue. You could then back port the toolchain if you need to use 4.24.

Also, if you are not already, please make sure to initially test on either the most recent Ubuntu LTS or a RHEL based distro such as CentOS. This means you would have the greatest overlap with Unreal’s Enterprise and Game development customers, and Epic’s QA.

Thank you for your continued support,