Make decal not affect mesh

Hello! Any ideas how to make decal not affect static meshes, but only, for example, the terrain? Is this possible at all, and if so, what about vice-versa? This is what I’m trying to create at the moment, the road is a decal.

I don’t want to use the spline tool, because I think I can get a better effect with what I’m trying to achieve by just using decals. However, I don’t want them to affect static meshes around them. Also, if anyone has a better way of making roads (unless spline tool is the best out there), please share!

You could just disable “receive decals” in your mesh settings :slight_smile:
The easiest way to create a road is to use the spline tool. Otherwise you could also just paint it with your landscape tool or add it as a mesh (create it in your 3d progam)

3 Likes

Oh wow I just noticed this option! Thank you!

The problem with splines is that they don’t work as well as I’d like them to in steep terrains.

I know i’m raising this thread from the dead, but what if I want my other meshes like my main player char to receive decals, just not specific decals? for example, if I place a decal in the scene, and a zombie walks over the decal he will get painted with the decal, if i disable receive decals on my zombie, but i want blood splatter decals to render on my zombie, if receive decal is off it wont work…

is there a way to only show a decal on a specific mesh or landscape?

Thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu