"Make an In-App Purchase V2" Error

Ok so when using the 2 nodes seen in the screenshot below to make an In App Purchase my app instantly crashes. I’m not sure why.

(Potential Issue 1) I have seen in other posts users recommended to change the IAP V2 node to IAP V1, I have tried to do this by changing the baseIOSEngine.ini file

Engine/Config/[Platform]/base[Platform]Engine.ini

and adding the code below to it.

[OnlineSubsystem]
DefaultPlatformService=IOS

[OnlineSubsystemIOS.Store]
bSupportsInAppPurchasing=true
bUsesStoreV2=false
bUseStoreV2=false

Unfortunately this does not chang anything as when searching for the “Make In app purchase” node within my project only the V2 versions comes up.

(Potential Issue 2) Im not sure if this could be casuing the issue but my IAP is in the “Ready to submuit” stage within my App Store connect as seen below. I previously remember being able to test my IAP while it was in this stage so I’m not too sure this could be causing it. Also when I click on either button to use the node the app crashes instantly making me believe there is no communication with any other services which could cause the crash rather code within the node itself. (Just including this part incase)

I would really appreciate any suggestions to help me fix this issue.

1 Like

Having the exact same problem, did you solve it?

Hey,

Managed to resolve it! My issue was that i hadn’t agreed to the new terms and conditions for paid in app purchases. Make sure when you click on Agreements within your apple connect both IAP’s are active as seen in the sc below.

If your still having issues lmk as ios development is a **** in unreal engine.

1 Like

Same here. That “read in app purchaes information V2” does absolutely NOTHING.

Exactly the same symptoms, crashes when using Make an In-App Purchase V2 on iOS. Android is fine.
It’s been more than a week since Apple’s contract was active, but it still crashes.

Crashes even when offline

I found out that if you reach this node without logging in to Game Center on iOS on the terminal side, it will crash. They should be logged in using the Show External Login UI node. But even then it just didn’t crash and I couldn’t make a purchase. I don’t think UE5’s billing nodes can be used at all, but are you using them?

Hey,

Im not using game center within my project. I used a plugin called “Monetization Goodies” from the unreal marketplace. Its a bit pricey but it gets the job done. Its currently being used in my project ( ‎Sharp Shoooter on the App Store ) so 100% works. The setup of the plugin can be a bit time consuming but worth it if in app purchases are a must.

1 Like

I open sourced a solution for this here: GitHub - apmason/UEAppleIAPPlugin

2 Likes

hello how to install and how it works