Make a trace rotational dependent?

When you make the HISMs, why not store the transforms? Or do you not know which mesh you need to make the trace from? ( if you also know the instance transform, then can you start outside the wall? )

Sorry, just lots of questions.

Hey all I am having trouble with traces.

I am attempting to trace the forward vector of my buildings, unfortunately they are made of HISMs so I cannot just get forward vector and use that as a trace start.

I attempt to circumnavigate this by using the instance transform and the parent transform to then get locations and transform those. It seems to work pretty good except my trace starts within the walls. So it always returns a block right away.

Since the rotation of the beginning can be random I can’t just add value to the beginning end trace as it is dynamic and any attempt will cause it to now misalign to the trace on a wall facing a different direction.

So if the wall faces towards x+ I can get it fine and just add to make the start be proper but then x- facing walls start outside the building and trace inwards, if that makes sense.

Does anyone know how I would do this?

This works except I need the trace to start forwards depending on the wall so I can still trace complex and have it hit other actors.

It’s hard to tell here but the red line is proper just far forwards from the wall on the left but the green one is now shunted +500 on the x causing it to still hit and now be off-center.

Any help appreciated, thanc.

I am just for looping through every wall instance and then a bool with weight to get some random transforms.

I just honestly don’t know of a better way to always trace “forwards” from the wall. They are all rotated upon initial placement so they are facing towards the interior correctly. But I don’t know how I would then use that for the trace besides what I have above.

This will take an HISM and then trace forwards on the mesh’s X axis based on parental rotation.