Major update of the asset. How to do it right?

I’ve made some major changes to my custom character skeleton and would like to update the pack I’ve posted before on the marketplace. Since the meshes and the content are pretty much the same, there is no point to make it a different pack. But the animations are all remade and the skeleton is incompatible with the previous version. It might be a problem for the customers who already bought the product before and made some changes to it :thinking:
I wonder how should I present the update to share the best of the pack for the new users and new projects, but also not ruin the old customer’s projects :sweat_smile:

Also, as I understand it right, after I replace the link of the project, my asset will be reviewed once again by Epic Games, right? Should I edit the description after they approve or at the same time as I update the project link? How can I notify people who already own the pack about the upcoming update and the risks?

Hi! Years ago I made a similar update for one of my pack. I just put it the old stuff in a new folder. Back then the review team approved it. I don’t know whats the situation today.

Custom skeleton? does it work with the Epic Skeleton? I stopped buying assets that don’t work with the Epic Skeleton. Characters just require too many basic animations to achieve a realistic look, and you will only find that if the character is standardized.

I wish there were epic skeletons for animals😭 It would have saved so many nerves😅

1 Like