Major- error occurring in output log when moving an asset onto the map

When moving an asset from the stylized eastern village pack from the FAB marketplace onto the map an error occurs which states “LogMaterial: Error: Loading a material resource None with an invalid ShaderMap!”. This error only shows when I move an asset from this asset pack onto the map. Even when turning an asset into a building prop this error occurs. However with any other asset from the fab marketplace not from the stylized eastern village asset pack this error does not occur. I want use this asset pack as this is the only oriental style asset pack you can get from the FAB marketplace. Is there a way for this error not to occur when I move an asset from the stylized eastern village asset pack onto my map and is there a fix for this error?

Sorry about that! I’ll raise this to the team and find out what’s happening. Just to be clear - does this happen when you try to move any asset onto the map, or only with specific ones?

Edit: we’re having trouble reproducing this error. What else is in your project? And if this only happens to specific assets, please let me know which ones. Also, does this occur in a new, empty project too?

Even when opening a new project and moving the stylised eastern village pack asset onto the map this error occurs. This error only occurs when I move an asset from the stylised eastern village pack which is on the FAB marketplace onto the map. When I delete the asset from this specific asset pack and reload the project this error isn’t present so I am certain it is something to do with the asset pack.

In the output log it shows no error as this is a brand new map

However when I move an asset from the Eastern stylised asset pack this error occurs in the output log.

^Asset pack that is causing this problem.

We’ve been looking into this and can only reproduce the issue for a couple of asset; could confirm that for example SM_balcony_01 and SM_Border_01 are causing the issue? Can you also confirm that you aren’t getting the error on meshes like SM_Bamboo_01 or SM_Box_01?

Can you also check this?

There appear to be 4 meshes that cause this error, they only cause it the first time they are put into the map, if you remove them and place them again you don’t receive the error. As for whats causing it, they don’t appear to share materials.

The more specific information you can provide, the better we can zoom in on the issue. Thanks!

I can confirm that SM_balcony_01 and SM_Border_01 are causing this issue but for for me it’s not only those meshes that cause this error. When I put an asset like SM_wall_03 onto the map it still causes this issue. However I can confirm that SM_Bamboo_01 is not causing an error. However SM_Box_01 is causing an error. Also what I have found that removing them and adding them again on to the map it doesn’t remove the error as when I close the game after and re-open it the error still shows in the output log.

1 Like

Thanks! We’re looking into this.

Hey @TANK123444332! Sorry for the wait - we looked into this and believe we found a fix. Could you update your files to try again and let us know if you can still reproduce this?