Main Menu animated background problems

I have posted this on the regular UE4 fourms but I found this Answerhub a bit late. I want to make my menu background animated. I got the preview working properly in the sense that the media player plays the background when previewing but when i press play, the background goes black. If in simulation/play, I can start the media player by double clicking on the file in the file browser but it goes back to black background once I leave simulation too. Is there a way to make the media player keep running when in and out of simulation? Or some alternate way to make my background animated for Main menu? I intend to do the same for in game menu but that’s a headache for another time. Please lend me some advice on this. I check some Youtube vids and they use old nodes from previous UE versions dating back to 2015 -2016. What new node or nodes can I use for this task?

i have that problem from yesterday and when i was searching for a solution, i find your post, so i make vote and start search again & finally i find a solution, i got it from this page :

https://docs.unrealengine.com/Images/Engine/MediaFramework/HowTo/FileMediaSource/FileMedia_17.jpg

all you need to do is open blueprint level, and make new variable " media player object reference " and compile so you can put your default value , put your media player as default value , then use open source function and make as showing in the picture above.
when you start game you should find the video working in your umg widget

UPDATE : When I came to package the project i have a problem that video is not working but in the editor video working well … to solve this problem do following :-

• All you need is just put your all movies in that directory “[YourProjectName]\Content\Movies” and videos will package and will run with you :slight_smile: .
    Hope this reply help anyone i search a lot to figure out how can play video in UMG.
    Enjoy :).
1 Like