Magic Mouse configuration

Is there a way to change the way Magic Mouse behaves in MacOS?

At the moment the magic mouse works like a trackpad to look around. The right click button Pans the view which is not the same behaviour as if you use a normal mouse.

Strangely enough the Magic Mouse works perfectly normal when running my mac on windows via bootcamp, where the right click is used to look around.

So I am wondering if there is a way to change the configuration in the OSX version of UE4 so that I can make the Magic Mouse right click normally.

1 Like

Just a quick update in this one.

Strangely enough when I turn the Bluetooth off and then on again, the RMB on the Magic Mouse appears to function as it should. Not sure if this is an issue on my end.

Here is a video to show the issue. First the RMB button PAN THE VIEW, but when I disable and then re-enable the Bluetooth, the RMB works!

strange, but it works, thanks!

thanx a lot!!!

This worked for me – thanks a lot !!!

You are a legend! Thank you! Solution works on Mac M1 Pro 2021.

this method is not working on UE5. can someone please help :smiley:

1 Like

Same. Seems really wonky on UE5. Is there a specific version of mouse we should be using?

This is really strange. This morning, all the sudden RMB worked to look around in UE5 without making any changes. But after a restart of the editor, again I can only pan with RMB.
I use a Magic Mouse first generation, but it does not seem to be a Bluetooth issue. I connected a classical (wired) mouse to my Mac, but the same issue with RMB only panning.

Wow, it worked for me in UE 5.0.3 thanks! :smiley:

Thanks. Still work for me in 5.2

1 Like

I can’t believe this works. But it does. However, it resets every time I restart the Unreal editor.

Running Unreal Engine 5.3.2.