Maelstrom Saga - Battle Arena (big project)

[=;267675]
QUESTION
If anyone knows how to activate an animation trail in blueprint let me know, looked around and found nothing concrete on the Web
[/]

If I understand you correctly I’ve just added a particle system to my Character in the viewport…from there pull off of that in your blueprint and do “Begin Trails”…You’ll set which sockets/bones to use (set sockets up in the mesh/skeleton editor if you’ve not already) and they should go from there…I do it when I begin my traces and use “end trails” when the trace ends…

Let me know if this was what you were asking or not…

EDIT: COOL! They work I had to set from First or second socket and it would display, from center it wouldn’t show. Thanks!

President that’s what I was looking for but for some odd reason my trails aren’t rendering they don’t appear.

This is some absolutely amazing work! I especially like the concept art on the Guardian! Keep up the awesome quality!

Hi,

This is quite cool good luck guys!! Hope you guys get it done and get it launched! Dont mind testing if you guys wish!

Best of Luck,

Thanks
Thanks , we have a bunch of play testers here already but thank you for the offer

Here’s the blueprint video showing the linking between quick strikes and smash attacks, please don’t mind my jittery voice XD first time recording a video like this explaining something technical.

Anyone know why mouse hovers don’t always work in Umg? I have a background image and an icon over it. Icon Z value is higher than the backgrounds.

When I mouse over the button the event for mouse over doesn’t do anything.

The moment I move the icon out of the background it reads mouse over and works. My icon is a button with an image applied to it.

Hey Folks,

Thought I’d share this little update with you all, we have the player hud being completed by our talented ui artist Francois Cardin and our animator Carl Perreault will start animating the crab in a few days. Meanwhile here’s a wip of the crabs attacks (placeholder animations)

https://.com/watch?v=j6zFjv2ySvI

We’ve added a 4th boss, she’s animated and integrated into the game :slight_smile:

Anyone have any experience using an intro movie in a game? I’d like to know of any common issues before I jump in it.

Thx

The game is complete! Will be releasing by the end of this week.

[=;283988]
The game is complete! Will be releasing by the end of this week.
[/]

awesome and exciting…congrats…

Thanks President!

I confirmed with the team and we will release it May 6th in the Released Projects section

Ok it’s been released, here’s the thread:

Hi, Very interesting project indeed. Congratulations on completing it. Any chance you could give us a look at your hit detection system? or possibly a tutorial. especially for melee weapons, and how you got the characters react when they are hit.

[=I Create Art!;319634]
Hi, Very interesting project indeed. Congratulations on completing it. Any chance you could give us a look at your hit detection system? or possibly a tutorial. especially for melee weapons, and how you got the characters react when they are hit.
[/]

Hey, I’ll be posting the tutorials on this channel you can subscribe if you’d like and you’ll get the updates of the videos

c/OpelM

It would be awesome if you shed some light on how you guys worked out the AI or some tutorials on that. Did you guys use blueprints for it?

Yeah it was all in blueprint, I will be making tutorials and I’ll post them on my channel.

c/OpelM

All right, I subscribed. I’ll be looking forward to what you guys show on AI!

Hey,

What happened to the tutorial videos?

Will they be re uploaded?