Mac package not working in other macs

Hi!

I’m using a Macbook Pro M2 MAX. I packaged a game for shipping but two friends with Macs of different years can’t open the game.
They get an error message “The app xxx can’t be opened”
Any hint?
By the way, I get an error in the Packaging menu: A device’s SDK status was not returned from Turnkey. I update the device, restart the app but the error still there.
Thanks for your help

Did you have your Certificates in XCode setup and did you Notorize/CodeSign the .app?

1 Like

I have installed the X Code 14 for Mac. But I don’t know how to proceed with the rest. Can you help me with that?

I’d like to package a game to be tested with other Macs. Seems not easy

This is the error I get exporting to IOS:

UATHelper: Packaging (IOS): /Volumes/September 22 A/LuccaLabU5/LabNew17723/Intermediate/ProjectFilesIOS/UE5.xcodeproj: error: “UE5” requires a provisioning profile. Select a provisioning profile in the Signing & Capabilities editor. (in target ‘UE5’ from project ‘UE5’)
UATHelper: Packaging (IOS): ** BUILD FAILED **
UATHelper: Packaging (IOS): warning: SDK condition on SDKROOT is unsupported, so the SDKROOT[sdk=macosx*] assignment at the target level will be ignored. (in target ‘UE5’ from project ‘UE5’)
UATHelper: Packaging (IOS): warning: SDK condition on SDKROOT is unsupported, so the SDKROOT[sdk=iphoneos] assignment at the target level will be ignored. (in target ‘UE5’ from project ‘UE5’)
UATHelper: Packaging (IOS): Took 9,500713s to run env, ExitCode=65
UATHelper: Packaging (IOS): ERROR: CodeSign Failed
UATHelper: Packaging (IOS): (see /Users/javierdiezbotet/Library/Logs/Unreal Engine/LocalBuildLogs/Log.txt for full exception trace)
UATHelper: Packaging (IOS): AutomationTool executed for 0h 2m 29s
UATHelper: Packaging (IOS): AutomationTool exiting with ExitCode=32 (Error_FailedToCodeSign)
UATHelper: Packaging (IOS): RunUAT ERROR: AutomationTool was unable to run successfully. Exited with code: 32
PackagingResults: Error: Failed to Code Sign

It works on my Mac M2 MAX but not in others that are older. Haven’t checked in a Mac like mine yet

I’m making a UE5 game right now for PC and MacOS Universal and packaging for MacOS is a lot harder.

TLDR:

• You need an Apple Developer account, which costs money.
  • You need an App ID, App specific password, certificate, etc.
  • You need to register your computer with Apple
  • After packaging, you need to make an entitlements.plist
  • Codesign your binaries “.dylib”
  • submit to Apple for Notorization, then staple .app

Check out these tutorials:

1 Like

Hi Matt! I’ve been away for other biz. Thanks for your reply! So, there is no easy way to package the Mac game just for testing/showing demo? A very limited release? Apple controls you all the time…

I think if you don’t get it notorized, then users have to accept that it’s not a “safe app” and agree to that before opening. But for release on Steam/EGS/etc. Notorization is required.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.