LyraGameEOS and dynamic target options are disabled when packaging from an installed version of the engine

UATHelper: Packaging (Windows): Setting up ProjectParams for F:\ColdWarLyra\ColdWarLyra\ColdWarLyra.uproject
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows): WARNING: LyraGameEOS and dynamic target options are disabled when packaging from an installed version of the engine
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows): Compiling GameFeaturePlugins in branch ++UE5+Release-5.0
PackagingResults: Warning: LyraGameEOS and dynamic target options are disabled when packaging from an installed version of the engine
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows): ********** BUILD COMMAND STARTED **********
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows): Running: F:\UnrealEngine\UE_5.0\Engine\Binaries\DotNET\UnrealBuildTool\UnrealBuildTool.exe LyraGame Win64 Shipping -Project=F:\ColdWarLyra\ColdWarLyra\ColdWarLyra.uproject F:\ColdWarLyra\ColdWarLyra\ColdWarLyra.uproject -NoUBTMakefiles -remoteini=“F:\ColdWarLyra\ColdWarLyra” -skipdeploy -Manifest=F:\ColdWarLyra\ColdWarLyra\Intermediate\Build\Manifest.xml -NoHotReload -log=“C:\Users\karee\AppData\Roaming\Unreal Engine\AutomationTool\Logs\F+UnrealEngine+UE_5.0\UBT-LyraGame-Win64-Shipping.txt”
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows): Log file: C:\Users\karee\AppData\Roaming\Unreal Engine\AutomationTool\Logs\F+UnrealEngine+UE_5.0\UBT-LyraGame-Win64-Shipping.txt
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows): WARNING: LyraGameEOS and dynamic target options are disabled when packaging from an installed version of the engine
PackagingResults: Warning: LyraGameEOS and dynamic target options are disabled when packaging from an installed version of the engine
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows): Writing manifest to F:\ColdWarLyra\ColdWarLyra\Intermediate\Build\Manifest.xml
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows): ERROR: Unhandled exception: Dependency file “F:\ColdWarLyra\ColdWarLyra\Plugins\CommonLoadingScreen\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UnrealGame\Shipping\CommonLoadingScreen\Module.CommonLoadingScreen.cpp.json” version (“1.2”) is not supported version
PackagingResults: Error: Unhandled exception: Dependency file “F:\ColdWarLyra\ColdWarLyra\Plugins\CommonLoadingScreen\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UnrealGame\Shipping\CommonLoadingScreen\Module.CommonLoadingScreen.cpp.json” version (“1.2”) is not supported version
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows): Took 2.2262246s to run UnrealBuildTool.exe, ExitCode=6
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows): UnrealBuildTool failed. See log for more details. (C:\Users\karee\AppData\Roaming\Unreal Engine\AutomationTool\Logs\F+UnrealEngine+UE_5.0\UBT-LyraGame-Win64-Shipping.txt)
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows): AutomationTool executed for 0h 0m 5s
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows): AutomationTool exiting with ExitCode=6 (6)
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows): BUILD FAILED
PackagingResults: Error: Unknown Error

3 Likes

Same problem here to, if can someone make a full guide will be cool, thank you

1 Like

Did you find a solution?

I had this issue; my build although was pointing to a source version of the engine, it somehow was linking to the Epic Launcher version of the engine when building for some parts.

For my instance, it was due to having the project living on a networked isilon drive. I had to delete my Epic Launcher version of the engine and rebuild the source and clear out the solution file of the project and rebuild that. Once all that was complete the EOS target built fine for me.

Apparently, you need a souce build of the engine to be able to package Lyra…

1 Like