Lyra windows builds seem to crash in DirectX 11

Hi all, I’m somewhat of a newbie learning as I go so apologies if I missed something obvious but I tried to do my due diligence.

Basically, I built a package based on Lyra and sent it to some Team members and it crashed for them showing the following message:
"Assertion failed: !ActivePrecachingTasks.Contains(PrecachePSOHash) [File:E:\Unreal Engine\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Runtime\RHI\Private\PipelineStateCache.cpp] [Line:942]

Multiple team members got the exact same message so I started looking into it, eventually I figured that their devices didn’t support DX12, and then I tried to run my build with the -dx11 command line argument and got the exact same error message on my computer, I then created a new LyraStarterGame project without any of my changes, rebuilt it and ran the experiment again, same thing happened.

I tried to change the default project RHI to directX11 just to experiment and it didn’t crash when running in editor but again crashed when I tried to run the build (perhaps worth noting that changing the RHI to DX11 did cause some strange behaviors in Lyra in editor even without crashing, I can try to document those).

I couldn’t find anything in the Lyra documentation specifying it only supports DX12 or anything like that so it seems to me like a bug, I hope this is the right place to report it, perhaps someone found a work around for this issue.

AcroProto.log (104.3 KB)

2 Likes

I am having the same problem, can anyone shed some light on this? I’m getting same error, same assertion etc.

1 Like

Same problem, anyone has a solution? THX

Same Issue here also :frowning:

I tried to reinstall the engine and the fixed it , so you shall try to

Uploading: Lyra02.log…
This is my error log, it looks the same and has not been resolved yet