Lyra Starter Game errors at startup (missing plugins, and modules)

Hello thought I would try out the Lyra Starter Game, downloaded it, and tried to start it up with unreal engine 5 early access, and got a 14 missing plugin errors and 17 missing game modules. with a messaging saying it was built with a different engine version. With a finale error message saying it could not compile, and to try rebuilding it from the source. I’m not really sure how to rebuild a project file manually like it suggests.

Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

Thanks,

Here are some screen shots of the errors that pop up when I try to open the project

1 Like

Hi. Welcome to the community. Lyra is not compatible with the Early Access version of the engine. Please update to the new 5.0 release and it should work for you.

Best,
Josh

2 Likes

lol there a whole new version of unreal I never saw in the epic launcher, can’t believe I missed that. It opened and is running :smile:

Thanks Josh, l really appreciate it

1 Like

FYI, I was getting a similar error, but only for Houdini which I found odd considering it’s not listed as a feature in this project.

Removing the Houdini Directory from Engine/Plugins/RunTime folder resolved this.

1 Like

Hey, I’m using 5.4.3, and the same thing happened to me. I’m not sure how to get past it. Maybe I should use an older version?