Lyra project - Multiple game targets found for project. can't package/build the game - what do?

what errors did you got?

Hi there,
Thank you for these detailed steps. I am the final step of generating VS project file, it didn’t open automatically and I didn’t find any errors. Great. I can see more options in VS then before, which proves you were right. Thanks.

My questions for you, @dorusoftware :

1. Do I need to build all that options for Lyra Multiplayer (debbug, dev, ship - for both client and server)? There are too many builds, I am not sure which one of those are really necessary.
  2. Can I build Lyra Client and EOS from Visual Studio first, or do I need an additional setup in the project editor?

I got this error when trying to build LyraGameEOS in dev win 64:

1>UnrealBuildTool : warning : LyraGameEOS and dynamic target options are disabled when packaging from an installed version of the engine
1>UnrealBuildTool : error : LyraGameEOS modifies the value of CustomConfig. This is not allowed, as LyraGameEOS has build products in common with UnrealGame.
1> Remove the modified setting, change LyraGameEOS to use a unique build environment by setting ‘BuildEnvironment = TargetBuildEnvironment.Unique;’ in the LyraGameEOSTarget constructor, or set bOverrideBuildEnvironment = true to force this setting on.

Any directions? Do I need the Engine built from the source?
Thank you.

I’m afraid that was all I knew :slight_smile: I’m beginner at this and struggled to find a solution that worked for me. Wanted just to build the game see how it works.

The visual studio part was just for me to study the code as I’ve found out that the blueprints inside unreal derives from c++ classes. I’m more of a blueprint guy, my knowledge of visual studio or the EOS part from unreal are limited.

Once I’ve figured out how to make it work I’ve posted here.

About the build. Once you have also created the visual studio project, just leave it be and build from unreal. just to see if it works. just use the build package options from the editor. Not from visual studio. It should build the single player game.

So don’t use visual studio to build, but the unreal editor itself. You don’t even need to open visual studio if I recall.

How to build the various options, i’m afraid I don’t know, I didn’t study that part. I think the answer is in finding a tutorial from unreal that shows how the EOS works and how it integrates with a project.

If you figure that part out please post here

EDIT: I’ve build the game both for blueprint and C++ using the unreal editor, the normal way of building a game. Just give it a folder where to save and should build the game directly. no changes required to the project.

1 Like

No problem, thank you for your reply. I was able to pack it for shipping and I got 45 fps, better than the development build.

And yes, I’ll take a closer look at EOS in the upcoming weeks. I’ll post here if I find anything.

Keep up the good work.

Wow, after so long, no body knows where to add that “-Target” argument in launcher? Anyone from unreal dev team?

1 Like

Hello guys, how are you? I have a problem with the unreal engine lyra. An error occurs during the export

This worked for me! Thank you.

1 Like