Lustberg UE5 environment

This is an environment I made with Houdini/UE5 I hope you like it!
And you can buy it here Lustberg in Environments - UE Marketplace
It took me a couple of months and I enjoy the final product and it was fun testing all the new features of UE 5 and literally going for a walk in this place in real world
Lustberg - Official Cinematic Trailer (UE5 Environment) - YouTube
Lustberg (Night) Official Trailer Cinematic (UE5 Environment) - YouTube
Environment was done using Houdini and Unreal Engine 5.3 incorporating all newest bells and whistles of the Unreal Engine including Lumen, Nanite, Runtime Virtual Textures, Virtual Heightfield, Virtual Shadow Maps, Substrate, Geometry Script. (Not PCG :P)

3 Likes

Hi there @FAXCORP,

Hope you’re well!

The last image you’ve included immediately caught my eye. The warm lighting contrasting with the coldness of the night alongside the detail of the decaying building is rather stunning. Are you planning on creating a game or a shortfilm alongside this environment or is it more of a standalone project?

2 Likes

Hello @FAXCORP !

I absolutely adore the environment you made! The layout and the photos show a great deal of your hard work!

If I may ask, what’s your process for figuring out placements for certain buildings? I personally struggle with finding the right balance of placement and thought the way you laid yours out looked rather nice!

2 Likes

Hi. Thanks for the comment!
This is intended as a marketplace product, I only did the cinematics in the first post, maybe someday I will include it in one of my game projects.

2 Likes

Thank you very much for kind words, Im glad you like it!
The layout of the buildings is pretty much like the real place in Lithuania (Linksmakalnis), that I used as a reference for this environment. Actually I have used the OpenStreetMaps data for roads and buildings. Most buildings are procedurally generated from the base shapes that came from OSM and the roads too.
I have gone through everything by hand of course to make sure everything make sense, fit and don’t overlap.
I additionally added/changed some zones to better suit the environment for a video game. For example I made more roads/paths that connect each zone and added outposts in-between so make it more populated. I also changed the elevation for this zone for more dramatic effect.

2 Likes

Hey @FAXCORP !

Thanks for your response! I also appreciate the detailed description of your process. The visualization helps me put the words into places so that is also a big help.

Is OpenStreetMaps easy to understand and use?

1 Like

Yea, its just a map, its like google maps. Google maps actually uses OSM data. You can import any map to Blender using BLOSM addon

2 Likes

Impressive. You did a Great Job!
I really like it a lot.

1 Like

Thanks. Cheers! :pray::heart: