Luos's Modular Rocks & Cave package

Peeps :slight_smile:

Just a headsup, 3 more days untill end of sale!

The sale couldnā€™t have come at a more convenient time. :slight_smile:

Oh? and why is that? :slight_smile:

On an additional note, due to a tiny miscommunication the package was taken off the sale for a few hours, but its fixed now :slight_smile:

Last day to get the caves with a big discount! 33%!
(also the last day I will bother you with all this spammage :p)

I got an resizing textures. In particular Unreal editor 10.4 is not exporting all the Roughness maps (4096 res). However i was able to export other textures, and had not to export 4096 or 8k textures elsewhere.

I migrated the textures to a fresh project, same result.

Posted at AnswerHub

Update
This might be due to the files are in PNG format, but Unreal Engine seems to be unable to export PNG (or convert to TGA), upon exporting.

Luos, maybe you can provide 2048 textures or make TGA versions available? Thanks.

Hello Unit,

This has nothing to do with them being PNG vs TGA, what it might be though is that I accidentally missed one roughness map when converting them from 16bit to 8bit.
Ue4 cannot export png 16 bits due to limitations.

But as I said before, if you have the most recent version of the cave package, this should not be a problem unless I missed one of the roughness maps during conversion.
(which I will double check right now)

I have been talking with Stephanie from the marketplace to find a way to make a pack available with lower res versions of the textures, and make a high-res pack available for people who purchased the package as a separate download.
If you can contact me on skype (luos_83) and show me the OrderId you got when you purchased the package, I am more than willing to provide you the textures in a lower resolution.

Hello Unit,

I have double checked the files and I have found the, apparently besides ue4 not being able to export 16bit .PNG files, they also cannot export 8bit Grayscale .PNG.
This is something I can update for a package in a week or so (I am really busy at the moment) but if you require the files sooner, ā€“ as I said before ā€“ Add me on skype.

Small update:
Sending the fixed roughness map to the marketplace peeps tomorrow, so they should be up really quick.
thanks Unit for point out the :slight_smile:

Speaking of Alien Skin Blowup or similar software in textures, I think On1 is a bit like PS and complex in the operations. Usually, I use signature watermark app instead in simple texture effect adding.

Well, I admit PS/OnOne works better in processing texture stuffs, but way complicated.

I felt the need to create something with my cave packageā€¦ so yeaā€¦ here goes:

Aaand the speedcreate:

Hey peeps, since I am turning 33 this weekā€¦
This package will be off 33% for this week, starting somewhere today :slight_smile:

Its also the last time it might be this cheap in a long time, as I will be adding some new content and features in a near-future update (LOD support, basic .max file with a few tools so people can ā€œeasilyā€ add their own content, optimized/better material)

You rockā€¦ Best support in the worldā€¦ :slight_smile:

:slight_smile: thanks!

The discount will only last for a few more days peeps! so better keep that in mind :slight_smile:

Soā€¦ this will be a massive update, one which Ill go into more detail tomorrowā€¦
But All the non-cave hallway pieces now have LOD support! (4.12 and up)

that is huge, it will be a massive performance boost.

andā€¦ I also added a massive update to the material!

It now has a blending-texture , which allows you to blend an additional floor and wall texture (albedo, roughness, normal) with the use of three noise textures (RG & B channel)

so you can now add some much needed variety to your floor and walls :slight_smile:

Unlit mode to show it off:

This is not the moss-overlay option, this is an additional texture layer for the floor, and another for the wall/ceilings. you could still add the moss-overlay option as well for more variety!

And Janā€™s cave in lit mode:

Will go into it a bit deeper tomorrowā€¦ butā€¦ this was a lot of work, and a lot of repetitive work.
And this will result in me increasing the cost for the package a bit.

Oh, this is just in!
The discount (33% off) will last one more day!

After that, as soon as this lod-based update has been accepted, the price will be raised a little.

Sorry guys to ask it here but how can I use all of this cool stuff on my own Unreal Engine 4? Help me guys pls! :confused: I canā€™t download the ā€œSubstance pluginā€ or something like this, sorry Iā€™m just a beginner/newbie! :slight_smile:

substance has nothing to do with this package. this is all available (purchasable) trough the ue4 marketplace.

Hello Everyone, there is a massive sale going on at the moment! (in case you didnt notice) and this package (and my other ones as well) are 33% off!

Additionally, I am still having some troubles getting the LODā€™s to properly work, so bear(Grrooowwl) with me untill its resolved!

Hi,

I really love this package. I bought it a long time ago and am only starting to use it now.
Iā€™m a bit of a newbie to unreal. I was wondering if there was any way that I could easily add a pit or a hole into some of the caves?

Any updates on the LODā€™s?