Luoshuang's GPULightmass

RTX how enable old gtx cards ? please lousang help me

I get an error when trying to build lightmass.

I have 5 computer running in swarm but only one give me this error.
The difference is that this computer have a RTX2070. The others are on GTX1070.

I already tried playing with Tdr settings and tweaked some value in MSI Afterburner but to no avail.

20190813_110004.png

GTX 1060 6Gb and better should work with RTX with latest Nvidia drivers (although at low quality and performance won’t be great). Anything lower than 1060 6Gb won’t work with RTX.

Have you tried to clear ur cache inside swarm on all render stations`?
Drivers up to date?

Yes, I cleaned all cache and the driver are up to date

Heya,

Really appreciate your contribution to the gamedev community.

I have looked at the code on and am planning to port this to Vulkan API so it is not tied to any vendor specific hardware.
DM me if you wanna help out and get me up to speed; otherwise it will be a bit tedious for me.

Any chance you could update it to support UE 4.23 first ? :wink:

try https://.com/sgeraldes/LightmassConfiguration

https://.com/sgeraldes/LightmassConfiguration

https://.com/sgeraldes/LightmassConfiguration

Thanks, but I already tried this tool,
it works fine with 4.22.3 but doesn’t work with 4.23 preview, even when editing the .bat file (crash when launching ue4)

So, are you basically saying “I figured it out using this source release!” ? Just re-posting the link to repo isn’t going to help.

Also, the script is not setup to work with 4.23 until someone ports the GPU Lightmass itself to 4.23. I’ll gladly update the script to 4.23 as soon as the core lightmass is updated. You guys are stuck with 4.22 until then.

You are probably using the latest version of the script, which is configured by default to 4.22, while your installation is 4.21. For the script to work with it, you need to manually edit (notepad will do)( and change the UnrealVersion = 4.22 to 4.21

you have instillation for 4.22.3 isn’t it clear? it did a thing for me, if not I will not post it.

I am still using source/binaries and hybrid install as described in the earlier posts in this thread, for 4.22.3. I have not messed with source for that reason.

Can you share the binaries generated for 4.23 in your build?

They are in the first post of this thread :eek:

The source is. But I mean the files generated from the build, so that we can just overwrite the ones in the launcher version. If you build from the source, isn’t that what gets generated?
I’m asking because building from the source takes a long time (to clone it, build it), so if you already have those files built… :slight_smile:

Not sure what you mean.

I replace .h and .cpp file in my UE4 source tree with GPULightmass ones and then build the engine. Then I download GPULightmass binaries for 4.22.3 and copy it over to respective folders in my freshly build engine source tree, replacing existing ones. The only .DLL I don’t copy if the UnrealED one. Then I edit my base lightmass ini file and it’s good to go.

It’s the only way I can get GPULightmass working when building from source. If I only use cpp and h files, I don’t get any lightmaps building at all.