Lunacy: Saint Rhodes

Many thanks.
You were right, floor was a little too much reflective in some parts, and yeah it looks a little better with smaller parquet.

Game is going to be First Person Horror, so now i’m probably going to put a house on a hold a little cause im idealess and will continue with the gameplay, i hope you guys like it when video comes!
Cheers!

Hello again,
I made a simple environment video to show you how it currently looks, there is still a lot to be done and every opinion is appreciated.
Thanks!

P.S. Audio is in a mess, some error while recording, will be better next time!

Real gameplay soon!

I think you might be over doing the portraiture just a bit…

Also the modern furniture and flat screen tv mixed in with the vintage portraiture and old Victorian interior decor really doesn’t mesh well…

Curious as to what the story is…

Thanks for the comment.
Im aware of those things and lots of things in the house are there to fill the space for the time being. I’m making a little pause too figure out how to make it more realistic and better, i will probaby change 80% of the house.
More updates in the near future.

Hello again,
I recently continued with the game, now with a little help with models.
I will be updating it often since we are working almost every day on it.
As always any suggestions are welcome.

26d2379ff3134f5596e0d173fd1451fea3c4fd7f.jpeg
3fba4609792f467cba5fe3ecaa5cb6355462d1ea.jpeg

Are you developing it with a small team or alone? If you need help to develop it, I may apply for a position as blueprinter :P. Loved the atmosphere! see y

It’s a small team for now, thanks but we don’t need help with blueprints right now.

Hey guys

I’ve been working a lot on making the house looking better and more realistic in the past month, i changed many things and i hope it looks better than before.
Would like to hear your opinion…

The only thing I can think of is the trim baseboard on the floor and ceiling looks like a pyramid - too busy, other then that, the images are amazing

Thanks man,
about the baseboard, i haven’t paid much attention to it for now, it is just a temporary model, there is some more stuff to do in the house with lightning and then i’m finishing the details like that one.
Soon i’ll reveal the story…

That “fog” or “smoke” effect inside a house like that do not feel right, but the overall is awesome! :slight_smile:

Wow, very impressive work for one person! I also recently started a game by myself, so stuff like this is inspiring. I have a question, though, one which I’ve been stuck on for a while regarding lights: what’s your approach for the lights you’re using? Basically, I’ve been debating on using 3d props with point lights/spot lights under or near. I’ve also tried making the “surface” of the light props themselves emissive, and have also tried inserting static or point lights inside the light objects themselves and making the light prop a subsurface, which left terrible lighting results. Any input on that?

Nonetheless, I’m very intrigued by your work and will be following your journey. Great detail!

Thanks you very much for the support :slight_smile:

If i got your question about the lights right - First i used point lights attached to static mesh(first pictures in this topic), but for some reason i was losing so much fps when i enabled the shadows and it didn’t look very good, in the past few days i started using Spot lights (Recent pictures), one light above with shadows enabled and one under it (for the ceiling) with shadows disabled and then i put static mesh with emissive material, i don’t know if that’s the right way to do it but it works for me now…
If this wasn’t the answer you were looking for or you need something more, feel free to ask!!
Cheers!!

Yep! That was exactly what I was asking. Sorry, when I’m eager to ask a question it gets sort-of jumbled up, haha. Thanks for the explanation. I’ll give it a shot (don’t know why I didn’t think about that sooner!)

How long have you been in game development btw? If you don’t mind my asking.

No problem, i’m glad to help when i can.

I actually started not long ago, in january this year i think, first i started with some minor projects to learn UE and after that i started with “Lunacy”
I’m not that experienced… :smiley:

Hey looks good but your house looks too clean unless that is the look you are going for. But I’m gonna recommend this free dust asset that adds dust to your scene try it out to see if you like it. https://forums.unrealengine.com/showthread.php?77909-Is-your-scene-too-clean-Here-s-my-tesselated-quot-Dust-Layer-quot-material-function-for-you-all!&highlight=dust

I

Hey man, thanks
I actually tried that about a month ago but somehow i didn’t get it to look like something i wanted, so for now it’s a little cleaner because of the story i have in mind.

Hello guys,

I’m finally able to show you how my house level from Lunacy looks like with a little gameplay,
hope you like it…

Cheers!

https://youtube.com/watch?v=rO4gpRLBojY

Hi guys

i would like to read your feedback on this and i hope you like it. It’s still not much but i hope i’m going somewhere.

Cheers!

Hey guys,
I finally added inspect object
Zoom only available while inspecting…

Updated screenshot