"Lumen in the Land of Nanite” Release Request

Would the "Lumen in the Land of Nanite” Demo ever be made available to everyone so that we can play around with how it was made…? Seems to be a very good Demo of the positives that UE5 offers to all of us?

Thanks for your time.

8 Likes

That would be so amazing. Would be the icing on the cake if it releases when UE5 is out of early access. As extra content with UE5.

3 Likes

I second this request. I would love to check out the initial UE5 demo they showed off.

3 Likes

Absolutely! Would love to try and pick apart that demo out!

1 Like

Or…EPIC could make huge interplanetary “Tomb Raider” like game where you explore ancient ruins, ice caves, tidally locked planet surfaces to reveal signs of ancient class 6 civilization(Kardashev scale)…or something

3 Likes

Yes please. I found this demo to be much more impressive than what we got now.

Also it would be cool to have it not only as a Sample Project, but also as a fully compiled demo for the mainstream to use.

2 Likes

Yes and to be honest, Lumen in the land of Nanite seems even more impressive than the one they released.

2 Likes

I believe the only reason we got a new demo instead of that one is cause a lot of the features showed in the first demo are still very much WIP.

It would be nice if its released with 5.0 proper, or heck even if we get yet another demo on release that’s even more impressive and works better as a introduction-tutorial-like project for the learning tab in ue5

1 Like

It’s great to see people commenting on this post. I see a lot of people have viewed it but not enough are leaving comments or feedback for Epic to see Interest within the community… If we really want to have a chance at seeing this demo first hand we need more involvement, spread the word, drive interest, send others here… Use this as a petition. The more views and replies the better… Even if it’s a “Yes I would” any thing positive would work… Thanks Community.

Yes! The IK, the wall climbing mechanic, the stalactite meshes, the flying ability, the portal Niagara FX LOL I would harvest everything! There’s a lot to learn from that demo.

1 Like

Yes I actually downloaded the Valley of the Ancients demo assuming it would hold both demos but came upon the unfortunate realization after looking around

2 Likes

Ok, I see so many people viewing this but I want to see a show of hands… Here is the ultimate question… How many people would like to see Epic Games Release “LUMEN IN THE LAND OF NANITE” Demo like they did with “Valley Of The Ancients”? I see a lot of people have viewed this post, but not enough are leaving comments or feedback for Epic Games to see Interest within the community… If we really want to have a chance at seeing this demo first hand we need more involvement, spread the word to all your friends who read the forums and those who don’t, We need to drive interest and send as many here as possible… Use this as a petition. The more views the leave replies the better… Even if it’s a “ME!”, “YES!”, “I Would!”, “Yes I would!”… Anything positive could make this work… Thanks Community.

1 Like

There is tons to learn from the “Lumen in the Land of Nanite” Demo. You could literally break it down by sections and make individual demo from each part if you wanted to… I like the way they have it blended all together… It flows better that way in my opinion… I personally wouldn’t harvest anything specific but I would dig into every part of it to see exactly how they did what was shown and then recreate how they did it in my own stuff. Again this is just my personal point of view.

[quote=“ARMRgarden, post:10, topic:233346”]
The IK, the wall climbing mechanic, the stalactite meshes, the flying ability, the portal Niagara FX
[/quote] All of what they show in this demo is amazing. Would be great to play, tinker with in engine… I agree 100%!

2 Likes

Land of Nanite is easier to understand. It’s more focused on the new features. It is probably a smaller size file. We could all learn a lot from the code.

3 Likes

There has to be more than 11 people including myself that would love to see "Lumen in the Land of Nanite” Demo released to the community… Come on people, there has been over 620 view on this thread and 10 people responded with any kind of positive response saying that they would like to see the "Lumen in the Land of Nanite” Demo… Keep them coming guys… Views are good… Comments (positive comments) are better…

Hi @Legend4ever,
I take this quote from Epic Marketplace

Aug 30, 2021
Windwalker Echo, fresh off her starring roles in Lumen in the Land of Nanite, Valley of the Ancient, and Slay is now available as a standalone character asset for both Unreal Engine 4 and 5.

It’s available for FREE now at
Windwalker Echo in Characters - UE Marketplace (unrealengine.com)

I still would like Land of Nanite, but Echo is a start. I have downloaded into UE5 EA2 built source and it works fine

I found the other info at
Mold3D Studio to share ‘Slay’ animated content sample project with Unreal Engine community - Unreal Engine

The article has a new link UPDATE: The full ‘Slay’ sample project is now available for download.
It’s written in 4.27 and works with 4.27 source build.

Now all we need is the real Lumen in the Land of Nanite

Update:- The release of Unreal Engine 5.0 BINARY on Epic Launcher now converts and runs full ‘Slay’ Sample by converting to 5.0

2 Likes

Can any Epic games employee comment on this? Are there on going plans to release the LILN demo. I’m assuming with the release of UE5.0 in Q1 2022?

1 Like

hey @VictorLerp Victor, chance in the Welcome to Early Access livestream mentioned there was plans to release additional sample projects for 5.0 and that we should stay tuned.

Could we get update from Chance on that and whether Lumen in the land of Nanite demo is apart of that discussion?

​@Unreal Engine Is there any likely hood upon UE5 being released that we devs would be able to get our hands on the “Lumen in the Land of Nanite” download/playable demo like “Valley of the Ancient”?

2 Likes

@VictorLerp its been another 5 months have you heard anything on this?

1 Like