Lumen GI and Reflections feedback thread

I like lumen a lot, but I’m having 2 issues.

Lumen is apparently using TAA to get rid of noise. This TAA is blurry in motion, especially on stylized low poly geometry. I can’t find an option to use 200% history screen percentage anywhere. This is essentially upscaling to 200% screen resolution and it’s the solution to TAA blur in motion. I have tried to set the final gather lighting update speed as low as possible to reduce the noise in a different way (with r.Lumen.ScreenProbeGather.Temporal.MaxFramesAccumulated=3 to get less smoothing and blur) but I cannot set it lower than 0.5. I don’t know if it’s possible to go lower at all, but it would certainly help

When I use foliage paint, procedural foliage or PCG with regular LOD meshes, all instances are black in the lumen scene. They can only block the landscape and skylight as a result, no indirect lighting or illuminated reflections. Nanite does not have this problem, but it makes my 3070 quite a bit slower than regular LODs. Static mesh actors are correctly illuminated in the lumen scene as well, but it’s not practical to drag every object in the scene by hand. I don’t know if the problem can be solved for regular meshes, but I think it should be possible to bake instanced foliage into a series of static mesh actors. Only for objects that are bigger than a certain size, to keep the amount of actors as low as sufficient

1 Like