Low Pass Filter does not work on ANDROID?

Hi, is the LowPassFilter functionality on UAudioComponents not yet available on Mobile devices?

My project uses the LPF quite a bit, and I’m noticing that it’s being ignored when playing on my Android devices.

Is there a different method I need to use on Mobile, or is this a bug?

Any help would be appreciated!

It’s not really bug the current sound system has seperate implementation for each platfrom and each dont have 100% feature cover, so some things won’t work on some platfroms.

The new sound system eliminates this problem as it does not require reimplementation on all features in each platform, but it is still have experimental status (thru Robo Recall use it on release if im not mistaken):

https://forums.unrealengine.com/development-discussion/audio/116874-new-audio-engine-early-access-quick-start-guide

SUPER helpful. Thank you so much for the info and link.
Now let me go study that… :wink:

I read the link. It looks like a bunch of new features are getting added soon.

Just so that I am clear, you are suggesting that I package my Android game by adding “AudioDeviceModuleName=AudioMixerAndroid” to my AndroidEngine.ini file, correct?

I’m going to try this as soon as I can, but in case I misunderstood.

I didnt devlop for android, but if this ini works for packaging then it should work. But if you gonna use this new sound engine you might as well add it in DefaultEnigne,ini so it will be used on PC too.

Hi .

I just wanted to let you know that it worked. LPF is working on Android as well now.

Thanks again for your help! :wink: