Low Marketplace Sales

:roll_eyes: i,
There was trouble installing UEFN 26.10 on Windows 11. Just needs installing with “Run As Administrator”. So obviously I now have UEFN, which (5th April 2023) runs 5.4 preview!.

[RESOLVED] Issue with New Installations of UEFN on Windows 11

I am following the tutorial
Easy Beginning With UEFN Verse Coding For Fortnite Creative (youtube.com)

Looking at the top menu there is a button marked “Fab” the new store.
I clicked it and though its (alpha) to the new “Fab” . These items on here run 5.2/5.3 hopefully 5.4 soon

If you open Epic Launcher Marketplace you will find that many of the same items

Look at MW Broadleaf Forest UEFN Edition in FAB You have select Pricing based on Licensing from a drop down.
There a three levels Personal Price, Personal Group UEFN Price , Professional Price.

Personal Pricing is ÂŁ27. This price is without UK VAT tax and is automatically added in Personal Licence price you pay

If 10 people buy personal version you make 88% of ÂŁ270 which is a ÂŁ87 selling one professional version

When purchasing and Professional ÂŁ187 the box for business receipt will need to be ticked .

This is protected by fact in UK your credit card is marked Retail or Company.
If the user has International Internet blocking set. They will need to have a PayPal account set up to pay, Probably this will change when FAB is fully in use

MW Broadleaf Forest Trees on Launcher Marketplace is much higher price that of Professional and will lack the Personal prices

Now there is a Forum conference linked from Fab

Marketplace creator looking to add my content to FAB - Development / Fab (Alpha) - Epic Developer Community Forums (unrealengine.com)

reply is the important post

Hi there! We’re planning to open up selling to everyone once Fab launches later this year. Stay tuned for more.

My guess some of your products have been put on Fab.

The clear message is get your products ready for UEFN and start working on your three tier pricing for UE5.4/UE 5.4

IMPORTANT UPDATE for conversion on FAB to sell your content on FAB

UE 5.* has a Migrate function, this automatically select all dependency content and you can set the output to you new UEFN Project Content folder, then when UEFN opens and “Scans for projects” this does any needed conversion and you can access your Content from in the UEFN Content bowser inside you project.

Then you convert to UEFN Prop as described below. I have converted many free Marketplace free content (4,21 to 4.27) effortlessly to 5.4 and UEFN.
I even took one (4.21) converted asset to use in 5.4.1 to show how easy it is.

To sell your assets on FAB/ UEFN you will need to convert them using the following procedure

Importing Assets for UEFN

Converting Assets into Props for UEFN

Here is a video using Unreal Engine
YouTube Convert downloaded assets to a prop in UEFN to manipulate (youtube.com)

Once converted for UEFN you don’t need to make new version for each update of UEFN, just one version

FAB because they are merging and no one knows how long Marketplace will last once FAB is here.

The only way to get Fab at the moment is opening a UEFN project and use the tool bar.
This used is seen in tutorial .

Its become apparent that an enhanced version of Blueprint is being used to convert to UEFN .
Its has become clear that Verse may replaced Blueprint in UE 6(six) in two years time, but probably still be available. I have converted a 4.24, static mesh asset to UEFN 5.4 simply be exporting as an FBX and imported back into UEFN and with one function converted to a UEFN Prop which could be dragged onto the UEFN Island Template.

1 Like