Low FPS in very high end workstation with minimals assets on U editor

Dear Folks,

I’m a beginner in Unreal and I’m in the midst of creating a forest set. However, my FPS is drastically going down even with minimum foliage and assets placed. I have hardly placed 100 trees of low mesh and the FPS just goes down drastically. Any help and guidance on this would be deeply appreciated.

I work on an Apple Mac Pro with the below configuration:

• 3.5GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5 processor
  • 64GB 1866MHz DDR3 ECC memory
  • Dual AMD FirePro D500 with 3GB GDDR5 VRAM each
  • 256GB PCIe-based flash storage1
  • 4k Ultra HD display

Thanks and Regards

no blueprint logic running? particle systems?, sample projects works fine?

There are few blueprints running, mostly of the starter content and a couple of them for AI movements and one for changing the Day to Night. Absolutely no particle systems used. Sample projects work at minimum 70FPS.
,There are few blueprints running, mostly of the starter content and a couple of them for AI movements and one for changing the Day to Night.

any self made meshes?, could you put some screenies on the blueprints?

I had used an ocean mesh (downloaded the ocean package) and when I deleted that, my FPS boosted up to 70 from 40. I’m guessing that could be the reason. However, I do not need such a big ocean but some kind of lake or rivers. could u suggest me some way to do it?

Most of the blueprints what I have is from the packages. Nothing self made.

the result for this one is amazing and quite easy to make, not sure about the performance on your end, on my pc, i use it as ocean, but i try not to abuse on the size.
other than that, i have not searched for optimized ways of making oceans.

Thanks jblaswu. I was trying to build the exe for Oculus. However, for some reasons it doesnt give me output in my oculus rift. Any inputs on this?