Lost Map again

Please get my map back for me. I have spent 300 hours plus and bought a lot of assets. I cannot lose this map.
I am now begging.

Tell me that I will not have to start over again? Tell me that you guys can figure out how to upload an .umap file or import it. This is sad. I will not lose 300 hours of works because I went from 4.14.2 to 4.14.3. Unreal has to get it together. I have spent way to much money to change to another game engine. Tell me that Unreal Engine cares. One ■■■■■■ of person. Show me that Unreal Engine cares about their clients. I will not start over on a project that was almost finished. This is fcking UNREAL.

Hi ,

I’m sorry to hear about the trouble you are having. Before trying any of the following steps, make a back up of your entire Project folder and move/store it some place safe or at least move a copy temporarily to the desktop.

In the Project Folder remaining in the Unreal Projects folder, open one of your Autosaves from your Saved folder by moving the the uasset and umap files from the autosave folder into the Content folder. If you are able to open your project, these will be available in the Content Browser. Open the Autosaved map in Content Browser.

If you cannot open your project from the Launcher, try double-clicking the uproject file insider your Project folder.

If these steps do not resolve the issue let me know what you have tried and provide a description of what is occurring now (ie. is the map crashing or simply not opening) as well as what you were working last before the map began failing to open.

Hi ,

Since we have not heard back from you in a while, we are marking this post “resolved” for tracking purposes. However, if you have not been able to recover your work, please respond with the requested information and we will continue to try to help.

Thanks,

it worked for me!!! thxs!!!