Looping animation in UE5

Hi I set up a turn table of an object in the sequencer. I parented all my meshes to an “Actor” brought that into the sequencer and added a transform and used the yaw to rotate the model. I made the first key at frame 0 and 0 rotation and then 360 rotation at frame 360. I rendered out the animation using png image sequence and brought it into blender to bring the frames together. However when I save it out as a mp4 it doesn’t loop properly. It pops slightly.
Has anyone got a solution for this?

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

To loop an animation, you would typically set the first and last frames to be the same.
Like example, if its a wave animation, the first and last frames would be your idle.
in the middle is where the wave would take place.

1 Like

thanks Mikey. I set the first frame to 0 and the last to 360 rotation so they are the same frame. Its a turntable animation, but for some reason it does not work seamlessy

Can you post a screenshot or a video of the animation/results.

Ok I got it. I will post how I fixed in case someone else needs help. I deleted the last frame and that helped. I guess it was reading the first and last frame as the the same (As they were) so it caused a popping due to it loading two frames that are the same.

2 Likes

Yeah when you set the first and last frame to be the same, you want to stop the animation 1 frame before that last keyframe. This results in a proper “loop”

3 Likes

Just for reference if other people have this issue, I found that going into the curve editor and make the curves linear and setting the last frame as the same key as the first frame makes it really seamless and loopable.

Edit: This won’t work in all cases, you don’t always want linear curves