Looking to transition from a custom game engine

I created a custom game engine for scientific research and the amount of effort for upkeep is getting beyond that of a single part-time developer. I would like to investigate transitioning to UE, but I would like to know if I can replicate some of the unique features in my engine. If it requires coding a plugin, that’s fine, I’d just like to know how much effort (I’m an experienced C++ and python developer):

• Multi-display support (I believe the answer is yes), but, …

• Custom projection support

• I have a multi-gpu setup with 3 projectors rear projecting on a 290 degree curved display

• I have single display that bounce projects onto a screen warped into a cone. I use multi-pass to render to texture and then warp the result into an annulus for display

• Two-way communication over sockets

• Access the camera position and rotation in real-time and export it (to console or TCP socket)

• Access events and export (when the player/camera enters/exits an area report the object)

• Live scripting (I have a python interpreter inside the game engine, that the end-user can send command over socket to change object colors, move objects, …)

Any information on how I could implement these, or at least a equivalent function in UE.

Thanks,

Mark