looking for tutorials for complete 0 experience beginners

I’m looking for tutorials that can teach me the basics so I can get the skills needed to start making games such as open-world games. I’m brand new to this engine and I don’t know where to start.

Thank you for your time.

Making an Open-World is no joke. As a beginner with zero experience, you should aim for more reasonable targets.
What is your background? Level artist? Level designer? Character animations? Programming? All of that heavily influences the possible answers.

Assuming you have a base in 3d modeling and etc, and are only looking to learn the engine, you should look on YT for:
-Unreal Engine channel (they provide the best entry-level tutorials on almost every topic).
-Mathew Wadstein (he’s the Wikipedia of UE4 on Youtube)
-Virtus has good beginners tutorials. He has many series where he takes you by the hand and help you make a project.
-Ryan Laley has very solid tutorials.

I could just name dozens of channels, but with those four you should be covered for a couple months at least. But again, an open-world is a huge endeavor. As a beginner you’re the small domino. Don’t aim to knock the biggest domino yet; chances that it works are close to none. If you don’t know what I’m referring to, check out that video: https://youtu.be/y97rBdSYbkg?t=14

Best wishes. :slight_smile:

I have no experience in 3D design as well. I’m wanting to be able to eventually make open-world games. At the moment I’m only looking to expand my knowledge to the program for now.

Aside from that thank you for your help.

Again, just to help you further, let me introduce you to two concepts.

1- The Four stages of competence.
2- The Dunning-Kruger effect.

It will take you a couple seconds to understand both concepts, but it will give you a couple more years in wisdom, have my word!