Sequin AR is seeking a Realtime FX Artist to join our dynamic award winning team in our Glastonbury, CT studio. We are working on innovative new format for AR broadcasting (similar to what Future Group did, and more) using constantly evolving cutting edge technology. You will work in our AR development studio assisting with all aspects of AR & Real-time production.
- Create physically plausible particle, fluid, destruction, and dynamics systems in Houdini.
- Use UE4 Niagara to generate in engine FX effects
- Understanding optimization techniques for realtime performance
- Create procedural geo and animations
- Build elegant materials in UE4 for particle systems and world geometry.
- Participate in meetings to discuss the implementation of visual effects for the purpose of meeting our aesthetic goals.
- Able to engage in collaboration and critique with other artists.
- Thorough knowledge of Houdini
- Knowledge of particles, fluids (smoke, dust, water), fracturing, Destruction, MEL/Python
- Previous experience as an effects artist either in real-time games or with pre-rendered cinematic content for TV, film, or commercials.
- Constantly inquisitive, possess desire and means to improve our methods.
- Ability to follow creative & technical briefs with regard to the production schedule and set milestones.
- Solid understanding of general art pipeline at a game studio or vfx studio.
- Ability to handle quick turnarounds and frequent new technical challenges
- Knowledge of Houdini Games Bridge
- UE4 experience- (Realtime dynamics/fluid/particles, Materials, Sequencer, Niagara, Blueprints)
- Associate’s (two year) or higher Art related degree or evident strong art skills and background.
- Driven to explore new technology, process, techniques, and styles.
- Experience with Nvidia Apex, PhysX, FleX.
- Experience with hair/grooming system like Shave and a Haircut
- Experience with Bifrost or ICE
- Scripting or any programming language
- Knowledge of limitations for console games with fixed technical specifications
Role reports to the CG Supervisor. Compensation commensurate with experience.
This is a full time position and will required relocation to Glastonbury, Connecticut.
If you are interested, please send your resume and CV to [EMAIL=“firstname.lastname@example.org”]email@example.com.
** We also have various other positions open. Please check out: