I’m running a one-man company, producing visualization software for the entertainment industry. It is used in the showbiz to pre-visualize stage shows, outdoor shows and similar events.
The software has been out for several years and is mature.
Currently, the graphics engine is written in DirectX. I want to re-write the graphics in UE4.
Looking for Programmer
I’m looking for an experienced UE4 programmer to help me with some questions I’m having.
My graphics code contains some specific algorithms and performance optimizations, so I need some advice how to bring the code to Unreal Engine. It may be necessary to modify UE4.
I want to hire you for a couple of hours, to pick your brain and get some advice via Skype.
I may also hire you to implement some engine modifications afterwards.
Specific Skills I’m looking for
Ideally, you would have some or all of the following skills:
- You have experience with the internals of the Unreal engine, specifically the rendering layer.
- You have modified UE4 graphics code yourself, and know how things are implemented.
- Knowledge of state-of-the-art rendering techniques (deferred shading, PBR, GPU particle systems, …)
- Note: All my questions will be around graphics. Topics like AI, networking, mobile support etc… will be irrelevant for my application, so you don’t need to have much experience in these.
- Bonus: You have experience with low-level graphics programming (DirectX or OpenGL). Useful because I have only low-level experience, so we would have a shared vocabulary.
Please send me a private message. I will disclose my company name, the name of the software and website through private message.
I look forward to working with you!