Looking for COLLABORATION BETWEEN TEAM to achieve GAMES and talk about it SOLO are welcome too !

This forums here from Epic are already to look for people and to offer youre services. There is also a sticky template to provice the basic information, if people would just use it. I really don’t see a point why this posting within these forums would be helpfull for this.

But I do see that there are lots of problems getting a successfull and productive indie team together.
Or rather such topics aside of “look for” and “offer” (which have their sub-forums here) should better go in the general co-work thread above these 2 that was closed some months ago.
And it could be renamed accodingly, like “Cooperation and jobs ads”. The discussion about cooperation topics should be seperate from the concrete job ads to keep them organised.

So the better forum structure could be:

• Cooperation and jobs ads: here general cooperation topics, like version control, assets handling, coop-tools like Jira, team-organisation, GDD…
    > Job Ads: Offers paid only
    > Job Ads: Offers (anything else than concrete paid like royalties and such)
    > Skill Ads: offering services concrete paid only
    > Skill Ads: offering service (anything else than concrete paid like royalties and such)

Hi guys - I started planning for a project in the area of survival games. That is where my passion has been for quite a while, being a fan of 7 Days to Die and ARK.

I’m more experienced as a web developer and I know how powerful a good tool can be to accomplish something. That’s why I’m currently working on a tool with the idea of keeping track of people, their skills, the projects they work on and so on - kinda a developer and project management tool. I think that can really help getting and keeping in touch with each other’s abilities and current areas of interest.

I’m also running a TS3 server, which is far superior to Skype IMO - just the other weekend I spoke to a friend, and we had huge connection problems, which I never experienced with TS even when people were located in different continents.

I run all this on my own dedicated server hardware with dual-CPUs (E5 2620v3) and Ubuntu with KVM virtualization - so any of you who would need a virtualized environment for testing a client-server game project, we can talk about that too.

Hey Vollgaser !

Well, i try to centralise and make it more easy for people alone to join a team (Epic forum do that allready)
Also solo people can offer their skills for free and in return get some tasks done for free as well.

Same thing for the teams who work in their corner, sometimes they are stuck or loose to much time to develop their game because they dont have external help.

It’s a exchange of services or barter to help each other to release game faster.

And you did you find a team to work with or you work alone in your corner ?

If you are alone, fill the form and join the movement !

Cheers !

To Sayato: I offer my skills in the Epic Forum LFW here and get requests and jobs from that.

The whole seek/offer/exchange help or services can be done within the existing forums, if people would only use them right, like with the provided templates. If one does not care to provide or respect the templates here, then i doubt he/she will take the time to fill out youre form.

How many valid members do you have yet?

Only AdamF for the moment, you can see the list of members in the 1st post.
6 People in the Skype Channel, i wait they fill the form.
It’s not a long form to fill, and it will show motivated people who wanna join.
It will work or not, i honestely dont know, i have nothing to earn from this, i just hope people will be smart and work together to achieve their projects faster.

Howto organize tasks?
Howto communicate?
Howto balance workload?
Howto protect projectrelated ideas / content?
Good luck :slight_smile:

Howto organize tasks?
Brain + Tools.

Howto communicate?
Epic Forum, E-mails, Skype and other tools.

Howto balance workload?
Money, more you work more you get royalties share.

Howto protect projectrelated ideas / content?
No need it’s too complicated to build.

Good luck :slight_smile:
I know the Secret, do you ? :smiley:

Time will show…
:wink:

Type the secret on youtube :smiley:

IAM:SOLO
Team Name:-
Name:
Project Name:Currently no real just a bunch of things i started to get into the engine
Type of Game:Like all sorts but mostly 3rd person HaS and RPG
Project Link:-
Portfolio:-

My skills:Currently relativly new to Ue4 and GameDevelopping, so im just up to BP-Progging (Save/Loot/Drop/Inventorysystems/ Hud`s)
Category:
Softs:
Team Members:
My Team Mates Skills:
Mate 1:
Mate 2:

We Need: Currently nothing ^^
We Offer:Well as currently novice i want to share my workpower on some of your projects, in order fr me to learn :slight_smile:

Welcome M. H. !
Please PM in the Skype channel to grant you access to the Gdrive ressources.

I think I will give this idea a try. Here is my info:

IAM:Softcritter
Name: Marcin & Throstur (2 programmers)
Project Name: Fuu Aliens!
Type of Game: 3rd Person multiplayer coop Sci-Fi Shooter
Project Link: nothing to show yet, we are coding it all
Portfolio: old page ran out of subscription, did not make new one, but i am around unreal modding since 2001 or so. I done some maps for UT2004, UT3.

My skills: Level Desgin [4/5], Blueprint coding [5/5],
Category: Building worlds[4/5], 3D modeling[3/5], Character modeling[0/5], character rigging[0/5], Lighting[4/5]
Softs: no time for doing art, however i bought Quixel Suite and Substance suite,

I Need: some artists to do all kinds of props for my game, there is tons of things that i just have no time for, and i am much faster at coding than doing art.
I Offer: blueprint coding, making materials when i have textures, making almost anything in unreal when i have assets available. However some warning, i like well structured code, so there is high risk i will try to improve yours.

EDIT:
I am unavailable now, trying to push my project code further.

Welcome to the Softcritter team posted by Nawrot !
Please PM in the Skype channel to grant you access to the Gdrive ressources.

We are actually 6 in the Skype Channel and 2 Officialy registered !

I AM: SOLO
Team Name: -
Name: HoseinMohamady
Project Name: there are some projects, but i’m not a pro modeler or BP writer, so i just went to some points and will be stuck there.
Type of Game: -
Project Link: -
Portfolio: Dropbox - Portfolio - Simplify your life

My skills: UE: Landscape 3/5- Foliage 4/5- BP 2/5
Category: Level design 3.5/5- 3D Modeling 1/5
Softs: World Machine 4/5- Maya 1/5- speed tree 2/5
Team Members: -
My Team Mates Skills: -
Mate 1:
Mate 2:

We Need: 3D Modeler, environment artist, 2D artist
We Offer: World machine landscapes and foliage works in UE and interior level design

Welcome to HoseinMohamady !

Dont be shy and join the movement guys !

IAM: Team
Team Name: None for the moment
Name: Alexandru George David & Jimmy Hansson
Project Name: EpicDominos (still a bit of work in progress here)
Type of Game: Casual Puzzle
Project Link: [ROYALTY] Epic Domino game seeking programmer - Job Offerings - Unreal Engine Forums
Portfolio: ArtStation - Alexandru David

My skills: Level Design 4/5.
Category: Building worlds 4/5, 3d modeling 5/5, Character modeling, rigging, animating 3/5, Texturing 4/5, Lighting 3/5
Softs: Blender 3d 4/5, Gimp 3/5, Inkscape 3/5, Sculptris 4/5.

We Need: Blueprint/C++ coding
We Offer: 3d Assets however you like them, UV-unwrapped or not, textured, animated or static

I also joined the skype conversation so no point in adding me there(David Alexandru).

Folks I am unavailable for anything bigger than one or two evenings until this contest is over:
www.mapcore.org UT mapping contest/

IAM: Team
Team Name: Nash Equilibrium Studios
Name: https://forums.unrealengine.com/member.php?243260-Holybreath
Project Name: Gun Powder Blood
Type of Game: Multiplayer Survival / Arena (Based on Btooom! Manga)
Project Link: -
Portfolio: -

My skills:
UE4: Blueprint 4/5, Networking 4/5, Level design 2/5
Softs: Blender 1/5
Team Members: Not UE4 Related
My Team Mates Skills:
Mate 1:
Frontend / DevOps
Mate 2:
Backend
Mate 3:
Server Administration
Mate 4:
Testing

We Need: 3D Artists of any kind. Modelers, animators, riggers, level designers.
We Offer: Networking consultation, Server/ webserver setup, website creation. Custom API with database relations if needed.

Oh cool, to see that grow.
Get you some sharestuff done?
:slight_smile:

To whom have you been referring to, mate? :slight_smile: