Looking for C++ or Blueprint Programmer for FP Narrative.

Hello potential partner!

I’m creating a simple, short, first-person narrative thriller, and I need a BP programmer to help me with the occasional bit of blueprinting. There will be nothing complicated or fancy. Once the game is complete, I will be selling it on the Epic store–I will split all profits with the programmer 50/50.

I already have a basic interact and inventory system in place, but two separate coders helped me, and things aren’t working together. I need this coder (you) to go into my current BP, read, find, fix, and merge my gameplay mechanics so it all works.

• Inventory system (code already in place)
  • Doors Open and close (I know how to do this, and have the BP and matinee built, but it’s not working)
  • Locked doors to be opened with keys (code already in place and works for first door)
  • Pick up items and play audio (first letter is working–item picked up in widget and audio plays)
  • Point/line trace to items, change crosshair design, and click to play audio
  • Implement the audio I have for doors opening.
  • Help implement footstep audio.

This is as complicated as my ‘game’ will get. It’s a simple, short game, mainly about atmosphere and mood. I’m a film and VO actor, and I want this little game to be more about the writing and acting…the story.

I know it’s a lot to ask…work for free until the money comes in…but if you think you have the time to create the mechanics I need, and fix the already in place mechanics, please contact me…

THE STORY
The story is simple…you wake up (surprise!), don’t remember why you’re there, and you journey through a small manor and learn about the eccentric painter that has you held hostage. Find a way to escape the manor!

Below is an example of the first room where you wake up. All assets are created by myself, however, I’m not against using meshes from the marketplace going forward.

email me if interested: libradragon.reed@gmail.com

This project looks like it could be fun and worth while. However, I found this statement a bit concerning:

"I will split all profits with the programmer 50/50.

I already have a basic interact and inventory system in place, but two separate coders helped me, and things aren’t working together."

Did you have an agreement set up with the previous coders and if so why are they cut out of the potential profits now? What happened you had a falling out with them and what’s to say it won’t happen with the next person who works with you?

The scariest thing about profit shares is one person typically is the controlling party, unless some nice legal agreements and/or LLC partnerships are setup. So what security can you provide potentials partners that they will have some return on their work and time invested?

Thanks for taking the time to read and reply :slight_smile: