Looking for assistance

I’ve been trying to do some things with the devkit with very limited success and would love someone to point out either how to do it easily or show me what I’m doing wrong.

Goal

I want to modify values in DinoCharacterStatusComponent_BP_Rex, specifically BaseFoodConsumptionRate and BabyDinoConsumingFoodRateMultiplier to see how it actually affects food consumption as an adult and in various baby stages. Eventually I would play with all the dinos but I need to make it work for one first. Ideally it would affect existing babies but I’m unclear whether that is possible.

Results

Following the steps below, the mod cooks and uploads fine. Also I can access and load into my single player game without issue. Rexes will still lay eggs and rexs are born but both new and existing babies appear to eat exactly the same as before. I’m not sure whether that means my mod is non-functional or those values actually have zero effect.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

What I’ve done

1 - Made copies of and renamed:

DinoCharacterStatusComponent_BP_Rex
Rex_Character_BP
PrimalItemConsumable_Egg_Rex
PrimalItemConsumable_Egg_Rex_Fertilized

PrimalGameData_BP_GenericMod
TestGameMode_GenericMod
GenericMod

(replaced Rex with RexTest and GenericMod with TestMod in the names)

2 - In world settings changed PrimalGameDataOverride to my PrimalGameData_BP_TestMod

3 - In PrimalGameData - Remap NPC from Rex_Character_BP to RexTest_Character_BP

4 - Added component in RexTest_Character_BP as DinoCharacterStatusComponent_BP_RexTest and removed existing component.

5 - In RexTest_Character_BP, changed EggItemsToSpawn to my PrimalItemConsumable_Egg_RexTest

6 - Reparented PrimalItemConsumable_Egg_RexTest_Fertilized to PrimalItemConsumable_Egg_RexTest

7 - In PrimalItemConsumable_Egg_RexTest_Fertilized changed value of EggDinoClasstoSpawn to RexTest_Character_BP