We are seeking a talented narrative lead writer for an undisclosed Game project. Applicants should be creative, self-motivated problem solvers who enjoy collaborating with other writers and designers to create an immersive game narrative. If this is you, send us your resume and writing samples (both humor and drama represented) including rates for consideration via PM/or email (terravelo (((a-T))) gmail.com) . Once hired, you will be required to sign a NDA prior to acceptance.
- Collaborate with the story and design team to develop compelling narratives.
- Provide authenticity to the tone of the project.
- Generate outlines, story treatments, character descriptions, casting documents, and other support materials
- Create and collaborate in the creation of consistent characters, strong motivations, dramatic arcs, and meaningful story content during the development process
- Write interactive scripts to accomplish all of the above while supporting gameplay needs. Fantastic dialog skills are a must.
- Revise and edit own scripts and those of other writers
- Assist as needed with marketing and other company communications that require the written word
- Receive feedback and modify work based on direction from both the internal team.
- Work with the cinematics team to keep the visual storytelling authentic and accurate.
- Work closely with storyboard artists, directors, development executives, and creative directors to develop epic entertainment experiences.
- 3+ years of industry or related-industry experience as a screenwriter or story editor, delivering content
- Successfully produced writing work, preferably in genre content
- Thorough knowledge of the story-development process
- Excellent written and oral business-communication skills
- Passion for creating and evolving intellectual properties
- Vast knowledge of successful intellectual properties in today’s popular culture
- Ability to inspire and manage others
- Ability to work and thrive in a team environment, communicating creative initiatives across production stages
- Ability to produce writing without constant supervision
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work well under deadlines
- College degree in screenwriting, creative writing, or similar discipline.
- Proven experience creating and implementing narrative content for interactive experiences.
- Experience on at least one shipped AAA console title.
- Experience with code-based proprietary tools and scripting languages.
- Understanding of how to combine narrative elements and game design to encourage player investment.
- Located in the US. This just makes it easier for communication, organizing meetings. However, depending on the individual and portfolio, we can make accommodations. So please do not feel discouraged to apply.
Please submit at least two professional samples demonstrating strong dialogue and characterization.
Samples should represent cinematic writing, such as game cinematics, or film/television scenes.
Please avoid prose, such as short stories or character descriptions.
***NO STUDIO SOLICITATIONS PLEASE. THIS IS FOR A WRITING CONTRACT, NOT DEVELOPMENT. INDIVIDUALS ONLY. Put in subject head “Game Writer” so I know you read everything. THANK YOU.