Looking for a Technical director/ lead programmer to develope an age-of-sail combat, server-authoritative game

24-month vertical slice, authoritative naval combat (Phase A).

What we are building: a combat-and-sea prototype. Month 12 = 1v1 frigate instance, shot resolved on the server. Month 24 = heavy frigate + 3rd-rate, 3rd-rate playable as two full seats, stable 6v6 (10v10 stretch), thin Jamaica overworld, engagement rules, surrender/mutiny (sinking is rare, not the goal). No crafting, economy, port battles or combat PvE in this phase.

Offer: Italian NewCo (We Create Worlds S.r.l.), possible equity with 12-month cliff / 24-month vest (no M12 build = no vesting), €2-3k/month, no permanent hires. Paid trial before equity.

I sent you a direct message.

I didn’t receive any message

Ok. Is there another way to contact you?

Discord: MassimoSud - mail: massimo.rota.lecce@gmail.com

Proceed with caution. This guy’s English is really bad, so not sure if it is a scam or not.

"Hi Adrien,

thank you for the reply. What I need first is a dedicated process that is not either client, and a lying client that loses. An explanation of Unreal replication is not that proof, so I will stop here.

I wish you well with your work.

Massimo Rota

We Create Worlds S.r.l."

This is how he replies. Could be trying to get you to send him code he can use to “prove” he can do replication on some other job he is trying to get, or his english is just really bad and can’t explain what exactly he wants. I find it hard to believe this guy is offering 2-3k a month when his english is this bad though. Usually the sign of a scammer. Not sure why he didn’t use AI to make his english better.

I also tried looking up this guy’s company and found nothing. No idea who he is or anything about this project of his.