Looking for a professional in WebRTC / NDI with Unreal Engine

Hello.

Firstly, an introduction. My name is Grym and I perform live music on Twitch full time.

I am trying to accomplish something ambitious. I am a beginner user with UE. But I am learning more in my free time.

My goal is to broadcast a video feed of myself into a packaged project. So users who log into the game can have a low latency interaction with me.

I have come very close to achieving this. But I need your help.

In this video - Dropbox - UE - Live Streaming Example.mp4 - Simplify your life you can see that I have been able to inject a video feed of myself into the game. This was using the NDI plugin.

But because all the NDI stuff is local to my machine, a user will not be able to access the same feed I am sending. At least to my knowledge they can’t.

The other option I tried was using the Web Browser or NexPlayer plugin to essentially grab an URL of a live broadcast and show the video in the game.

YouTube / Twitch streams do not work. I think because of copyright. And Web RTC links I have ran into the same issue of not working. So I am not sure if they have been made prohibited or something in the Engine code.

I know Pixel Streaming operates with Web RTC.

Web RTC has something like 200 - 500 milliseconds of latency. So it is the ideal choice for me to use this.

I would like to believe we have the technology and means to accomplish this. So if anyone can help me out. I would be willing to pay for your assistance.

Having the ability to do this could bring a whole new level of immersion and interactivity to the live streaming world. Which is booming right now. A worthy investment I think.

My goal is to create a game where I can perform my music to my viewers. But my viewers are able to explore the game world / level and interact with each other, myself, and the game NPCs / Environment.

Additionally I would love to trigger events. Like a song will start and a horde of spiders could attack everyone. So you have heavy metal live performance going on while you slay spiders - or dragons. And to toggle third person / first person / VR - How cool would that be? It’s got to be do-able. I just need the right person to help me out.

Please feel free to email me if you would like to help or learn more.
lordgrym@outlook.com

Thanks

• Grym
1 Like