We’re looking for a 3D Modeler or a 2D Artist to work on a game inspired by JRPGs from the 90s and early 2000s but with a slight modern take. The project is a throwback to titles like Final Fantasy (especially VI / VII / IX), Chrono Trigger, Xenogears, Dragon Quest, Golden Sun, Grandia, and other titles that came out in the 90s and early 2000s that focused on offering the player an engaging story and an open world with a variety of sidequests, mini games, and areas to explore. We’re not copying or remaking anything; we’re hoping to make what can be seen as a hidden gem, like that one game out of that era that you didn’t get the chance to play yet.
Sadly, we can’t pay you right away, but we can agree on a fair percentage when the project is finally released, and we’re pretty dedicated to this project - have been so for 2 or 3 years now - so it will eventually be released, its just a matter of time and lots of work.
Who we are:
Robin (Writer, Character Designers, Game Designer):
I’m doing most of the character designs, but I lack the talent needed for in-game graphics and animation. I’m primarily involved in the characters, the world, and the story. I like games offer something special that makes them stand out.
Max (Game Designer, Level Designer, 3D Animator, Programmer, Humble Modeler):
I handle a lot of the tasks but as you can guess its a little too much sometimes, I love the JRPGs of the 90s even though I didn’t grow up with them.
What we’re looking for, i.e. the tasks you’re assigned with:
- We’re looking for an Artist first and a craftsman second- someone with a vision and a good eye.
- We’re NOT looking for a detailed realistic art style, but not simplistic chibi designs either, as you may see from the titles mentioned above.
- We need someone to make the characters (Main Characters, NPCs, Monsters), and hopefully other world props.
- If you’re a 3D Modeler, being able to make the model all the way to mapping & texturing is a must.
- If you’re a 2D Artist, being capable of animating your sprites is a must.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Love and passion for that era of JRPGs before they switched to high fidelity super detailed hallways.
- If you can do traditional art for Character Portraits and the Menus and such that’d be great, but not a requirement.
- Being dedicated to this project - no other projects - is preferable.
- If you’re a 3D Modeler, it’d be a great help if you knew how to rig characters.
- You’ll get a lot of freedom in your tasks, you’re not making other people’s visions but rather doing your vision within the guidelines.
- If you have an opinion on something, voice it and we’ll discuss it- input is appreciated.
- This is a passion project, so its pretty relaxed and we’re all working on filling every possible position, so if you got a good idea for a scenario or design feel free to share it.
Tools we use:
- Unreal Engine 4.0
- 3ds Max & Maya (mostly 3ds Max though) for animation and modeling.
If you are interested in joining our team, please include examples of your work with your application.
For more information or to submit an application, please contact us at: